Surefire G2 TN - did these come incandescent with a tan Z44?

rrego

Enlightened
I picked up a nice condition Tan G2 incan and has an tan Z44.

I wonder if this might've been a G2L and the user later replaced the P60L with a P60?

Any info is appreciated if you know about tan incan G2s with matching color Z44.

It's pretty cool and I've put 3.7V incan drop-in in it on KP16650 :thumbsup:

archimedes

Flashaholic
I don't know the exact details for the G2-TN, but yes, there were matching color-specific "Z44" metal bezels for these at one time.

Greenbean

Flashlight Enthusiast
I used to have one in Tan,

I think I have a yellow G2 with the yellow Z44, I also have a G2L in yellow.

I love the G2/G3 lights.

I want to add,

There was an aftermarket multi-level tailcap for E-series bodies that if you remove the guts it would fit in the P-series.

Only for incan use, and had H,M,L, and flashing. When I get home I'll take a pic.

Last edited:

rrego

Enlightened
Thanks Archimedes! 👍

Thanks Greenbean! 👍 It's funny you say that. I actually have four of the LightSavers. I did just that install on a yellow G2 that I picked up from the "bay". Multimode yellow G2 incan running 3.7V incan drop-in on KP16650 😁

Also did this same mod on my M3 head (MN10)/Leef 2x18650 body (natural) and a classic 9P tailcap (round body). Nice to have a mulitimode 9V set up :twothumbs

Greenbean

Flashlight Enthusiast
That's them!!!!

Sweet!

What 3.7V bulb assemblies are you using?

I may need to get a couple.

ampdude

Flashlight Enthusiast
All of my incan G2's came with nitrolon heads. Some G2L's came nitrolon and others have color matched Z44's.

This^^^

Most likely it started life as a G2L-TN with the aluminum tan finish bezel and P60L factory original. Though, there is a small possibility the light could be a lego as SOME weapon lights did come with tan Z44 bezels.

archimedes

Flashaholic
I have always thought that my G2-YL must have been some sort of "lego" as it came with the metal (yellow) "Z44" bezel, but a nitrolon (yellow) extender AN14(?)

I also have the matching KX4-YL

Last edited:

ampdude

Flashlight Enthusiast
I don't think they were selling the yellow AN14 kit anymore by the time the G2L-YL was released, so someone probably got the kit before the light, or got an old school kit when they bought the light. But I know they definitely didn't sell a rechargeable version of the G2L-YL with the NiCad kit all together.