MC3000 overwhelming. Is there a good YouTube series, book or blog?

MrDetermination

Newly Enlightened
I've read through envelop101.com and used the MC3000 to refresh my Eneloop and Eneloop pros. I have a few other AA and AAA brands though and I keep running in to capacity cut type errors. Calculating C and discharge. Rest times. Knowing when to cycle or refresh. Finding the fastest/best way to test batteries. All that stuff is still a bit overwhelming.

Is there something out there like Eneloop101.com but broader and maybe just a level or two deeper?

Keitho

Enlightened
I never buy a battery or charger without first consulting lygte-info.dk, done by cpf member HKJ. He is a master at reviews, and did an extensive write-up on this particular charger's operation, modes, results, quirks, and internal components. Start with the very end of the page--there is a very concise summary of how to operate it in the three modes. I didn't have the 30 minutes it would have taken to read that whole writeup, but it looks like you have a very capable advanced charger that will take some time to learn.

Elsewhere on his site, he has lots of info on testing NiMH and other batteries. If you want someone to emulate and learn from related to testing cells, it might be worthwhile to considering that site as a primary resource.

tatasal

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've read through envelop101.com and used the MC3000 to refresh my Eneloop and Eneloop pros. I have a few other AA and AAA brands though and I keep running in to capacity cut type errors. Calculating C and discharge. Rest times. Knowing when to cycle or refresh. Finding the fastest/best way to test batteries. All that stuff is still a bit overwhelming.

Is there something out there like Eneloop101.com but broader and maybe just a level or two deeper?

I have both the SkyRC MC3000 and the Powerex Maha MH-C9000.

If Eneloop re-conditioning/refresh is your thing, the C9000 is much, much simpler to use than the MC3000 (which would require a cheatsheet just to operate it), and the C9000 has been proven for a number of years to be very reliable and sturdy too.

My C9000 is still up to the task after 8 years of use.

MrDetermination

Newly Enlightened
Yeah tatasal, I get the feeling I should have gone that route. But the MC3000 was recommended and I bought that. So I might as well learn how to use it.

Latest posts