What’s your Malkoff bedside light?

thermal guy

Flashaholic
I tend to switch out my bedside lights but my Malkoff 2XAA has been next to me for about a month now and it's dam near perfect for a bed light. I do also keep a Z3 with a full power M61 stuffed in a V85 surefire holster for if things get real bad😂

tech25

Flashlight Enthusiast
I keep an MD2 with high/low ring running an M61N powered by a dummy 18350 and a CR123. Mostly used to rundown used batteries. I have a couple of other lights for the "bump" in the night.

dotCPF

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've got a pimped out G2 with an M61LLL 219v3 that I am quite partial to for any late night/ midnight errands. Super-tired or quick medical things I use my HDS and double beryl.

Big bumps in the night would get my M61HOT H/L- and the horse she rides in on.

P_A_S_1

Flashlight Enthusiast
Have a MD2 secured to the post with para and a prusik. M61w, hi/lo ring, and 18650 li ion... great light, super useful.

peter yetman

Flashlight Enthusiast
My bedside light is an MD2 with a V2 NIchia M61 and an OR Triad tail which is also GID. I tend to turn it on at dusk pointing upwards. Mrs Yeti likes a mains powered proper light on her side. I don't - I have been known to take the fuse out, and tell her it's broken, but of course, then I have to "mend" it.
Also there is an MD2 with an OR Nichia Triple and a Triad tail plus two Nichia HDSs, mostly so I know were they all are rather than for convenience.
P

ven

Flashaholic
I have never noticed you in my bed P:thinking:, i too have an MD2:nana:next to me, along with a nichia HDS and other flavours of.
UTO6X7Rl.jpg

Not a hound dog
2ZfgbRWl.jpg

xhp35 HI neutral, lovely bright beam of usefulness.

peter yetman

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have never noticed you in my bed P:thinking:, i too have an MD2:nana:next to me, along with a nichia HDS and other flavours of.

Remember Morecambe and Wise, tucked up rogether before that meant something else?
P

wise.jpg

Last edited:

ven

Flashaholic
Yes i do, they dont make em like the use to!!! classic:thumbsup:

:thinking: Which one is you though:naughty:

thermal guy

Flashaholic
I had this exact setup by my bed for months.I like the idea of have something I can strike with if necessary And have full output if I need it. Problem I had with this rig was that the low was WAY to bright for me.Only solution I found was to have more then one light next to me. That's why I'm using the setup I have now. My AA for the low. My M61 just in case.Not complaining mind you. But I would really really like a hi/lo ring that could give me a lower low.

I did speak to gene about this an asked him if he would consider changing the ring to a lower output.His response was that for everyone that asked for a lower low there was someone that asked for a higher low lol. That's when he suggested that maybe,possibly,No guarantee what so ever that an adjustable ring with a pot on it might be an option down the road.

neutralwhite

Flashlight Enthusiast
MD2 V3 219B M61 in I think one of those Himalayan salt lamps - makes the room all Himalayan, and salty lol...
just use it when I don't want more of the main room light on.

Dicaeopolis

Enlightened
Malkoff neutral single AA on the Malkoff lanyard. I use it anytime I get up an walk around. I have an Elzetta Bravo with flood lens and rotary tail cap there too.

doctordun

Enlightened
Hound Dog 18650. This has become my goto light for a number of things. My only complaint is that my pockets aren't big enough to carry one.
I occasionally wear it on my belt, but even then it's bit too big.