Busy tones when calling Arc?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gransee

Flashlight Enthusiast
Do you guys regulry get busy tones when trying to call Arc? I had someone tell me today that he tried calling like 6 times.

Maybe we should get another line put in or a busy voicemail?

Peter

Bushman

Flashlight Enthusiast
Please no busy voice mail unless it gives the option to hold. I can't stand to call a place during operating hours and then have a voice mail force me to leave a message or just simply tell me to "try your call again another time" and disconnect!

BTW I have always gotten through just fine...

BobG

Newly Enlightened
About two weeks ago I called twice on one and got a busy signal both times. I didn't really see it as that big a problem as there are plenty of other avenues to utilize for info or ordering.

fuelblender

Enlightened
I don't mind being put on hold if it's not more than a minute or two... but generally I hate answering machines: press one for this, two for this, etc.

Nothing beats a live person.

sslavers

Newly Enlightened
i called today also, and was given a busy signal probably 5 times before i got thru. i really didnt think about it, because the alternative, the automated answering system really stinks /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smoker5.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/naughty.gif

Noxiousbt

Newly Enlightened
I must agree with Bushman, that is very frustrating. But I have called twice in the past couple of days, once this morning, and have gotten through immediatlly. I called between 8:00-9:00 AM your time.

chamenos

Flashlight Enthusiast
i've used the livechat feature on the website once with good results /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

nexro

Enlightened
I tried livechat a few times but everytime when I click on the link, the page loads and then Internet Explorer crashes /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif
Don't know why but this happens on my other computers as well.
Anyway, if I do need to call Arc, I think I might use one of those VoIP calling cards. They save me a lot on international calls /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

turbodog

Flashaholic
I would not go with voice mail/etc. Busy signals are underrated. One of my customers is a call center with 200+ people. Their phone system adaptively decides how many people to place on hold so that the average hold time is under 30 seconds. After that, they get a busy.

You might be able to get your phone company to run a report for you showing how many calls that got busy signals.

If you don't have time to talk to the person when they call, what makes you think you'll have time to check voice mail and then talk to them?!

Go with the busy.

TheFire

Enlightened
I haven't ever had a busy signal, but might prefer an automated "you're on hold and are #x out of y callers" sort of message (don't know how expensive that would be, but just a thought...)

Status
Not open for further replies.