Waiting for my Maxabeam to arrive

djans1397

Flashlight Enthusiast
So I scored that maxabeam for $450 shipped. It's a little cosmetically scratched up, but supposedly functions just fine. It's a 2012 version and looks like it was a military light. I need to get a battery for it so I'll get the LiFePo cell for $350. It comes with everything the military version came with otherwise.

Any idea if this of the latest version of this light and if I'll need to get a diff battery charger other than the one that comes with it?

BVH

Flashaholic
What chemistry is the OEM battery? Weren't they Nickel-Metal or Ni'Cd? I don't remember. If anything other than LiFeP04, then you'll need the LiFeP04 specific charger as well. Annie at Peakbeam can tell you all about the lights history and help with the battery and charger.

djans1397

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'll have to consult the manual. It's a 2012 model I know.

What chemistry is the OEM battery? Weren't they Nickel-Metal or Ni'Cd? I don't remember. If anything other than LiFeP04, then you'll need the LiFeP04 specific charger as well. Annie at Peakbeam can tell you all about the lights history and help with the battery and charger.