• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

New Olight on their web site

riffraff

Enlightened
Hmmm. Olight has a new light on their olightstore.com site. The Baton Pro. Also an LE version in blue.

lightfooted

Flashlight Enthusiast
Odd that they don't seem to have the LED listed at all. Maybe once it is for sale they will update the stats but it seems almost suspicious, like maybe the LED isn't actually capable of 2000 lumens. I dunno maybe I'm just recalling the original M21 a bit.

riffraff

Enlightened
Odd that they don't seem to have the LED listed at all. Maybe once it is for sale they will update the stats but it seems almost suspicious, like maybe the LED isn't actually capable of 2000 lumens. I dunno maybe I'm just recalling the original M21 a bit.

Yeah, I noticed that too. Maybe it's temporary.

mortuus

Newly Enlightened
Dissapointed... nothing that special... again they make blue lights only for US market.. then i read on FB the new keychain they made in copper in 200 units only will only be made for those that attended the event this weekend or so.. how many will end up on ebay for 200$ ? blah.... seems if u are outside usa u miss all the nice special editions and deals.. olight should really care for international customers also and not just focus on one small group.....

I agree its weird not list name of LED, maybe its the SST40 ? that one can do easy 2000+lumens... their "High Performance LED" is a joke....:mad:

Nichia!

Banned
Dissapointed... nothing that special... again they make blue lights only for US market.. then i read on FB the new keychain they made in copper in 200 units only will only be made for those that attended the event this weekend or so.. how many will end up on ebay for 200$ ? blah.... seems if u are outside usa u miss all the nice special editions and deals.. olight should really care for international customers also and not just focus on one small group.....

I agree its weird not list name of LED, maybe its the SST40 ? that one can do easy 2000+lumens... their "High Performance LED" is a joke....:mad:

New keychain copper??? Any pictures? More info please

Henk4U2

Enlightened

Maybe your perceived focus of Olight on the US is not as discriminatory to the rest as it looks.
I've contacted a few of the manufacturers on CPF, and bought stuff from them.
The majority of these lights arrived from China, where all manufacturing faciluties are located.
Only a few of these manufacturers are so big they (also) have an (after)sales dept. in the USA.

Olight and Fenix are amongst them. They are in fact US located representatives for the brand.
Understandable you (and me) feel a bit neglected. Also understandable they focus on the USA.
Look at the rates for shipping and customs, and you know why.

Last edited:

mortuus

Newly Enlightened
New keychain copper??? Any pictures? More info please

is in olight page on facbeook.. lots of angry comments on this **** move.. one keychain copper is on ebay right now over 100$ as expected.. just pure greed from olight rewarding 200 ppl that attended the event they had... and all other collectors that support them are not worthy buy a new keychain copper light for a normal price? sigh.... they left alot of ppl empty handed at their so called O-day.... Its more O-Sh*t imo....

:mad:

Cyclops942

Flashlight Enthusiast
Somewhere in the vicinity of Phoenix, Arizona, USA
is in olight page on facbeook.. lots of angry comments on this **** move.. one keychain copper is on ebay right now over 100$ as expected.. just pure greed from olight rewarding 200 ppl that attended the event they had... and all other collectors that support them are not worthy buy a new keychain copper light for a normal price? sigh.... they left alot of ppl empty handed at their so called O-day.... Its more O-Sh*t imo....

:mad:

You're entitled to your opinion.

I think that reserving a special-edition light for those who can attend a function is perfectly fine. And no, I didn't get to attend the function. Heck, I didn't even know the function happened, so I missed out on the opportunity to attend. The purpose of special editions or limited editions is that they are rare, and have a LIMITED distribution.

Daikini

Newly Enlightened
I'm going to hold off on buying the baton pro until they make some ti/cu versions.

mortuus

Newly Enlightened
You're entitled to your opinion.

I think that reserving a special-edition light for those who can attend a function is perfectly fine. And no, I didn't get to attend the function. Heck, I didn't even know the function happened, so I missed out on the opportunity to attend. The purpose of special editions or limited editions is that they are rare, and have a LIMITED distribution.

well yes but limit a keychain light only to the actual event for those lucky that could attent is just wrong imo... what about the rest of us ? they could have engraved personal names for those that was on the event fine,.. but now there is just a secondary market for them that tops 150$.. thats just insane,... give the rest of us a chance of the copper editions like they always do... Its like they dont want more money and happy customers outside that event that is only 0,1% of their actual sales lol.... the PR guys at olight i dont quite understand ....

Smoothbassman

Newly Enlightened
Hmmm. Olight has a new light on their olightstore.com site. The Baton Pro. Also an LE version in blue.

I grabbed the Baton Pro, and honestly I would have preferred a different beam pattern on it.

Lots of flood with no throw at Max output level.

Nevertheless, it's still my daily driver now along with my S1R II

Gareth&Zoe Wildcamps

Newly Enlightened
We have a couple of the Baton Pro's (black & a limited edition titanium 'friendship' version) and know what you mean re the beam pattern. The s2rii is actually more usable long range. The flood comes in handy under certain circumstances though so all depends what you need from it. Not sure we'd recommend anyone upgrading from the S2Rii but on it's own it's a very useable close range torch, especially for camping.