Streamlight Protac 1L1AA Custom Paint Job

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrnobman

Newly Enlightened
Hi im intrested in this light but am tired of the coyote brown(all my molle gear is coyote brown). Does anyone know a person who can do a custom paint job in ACU Universal Camo Digital Pattern. also because the only tactical hand held i ever had was the hotshot tactical mini flashlight(a $6.25 light) and it sucks.

dchang0

Newly Enlightened
I have never used these guys and have no affiliation with them, but they seem to do an excellent ACU finish in the very durable Duracoat epoxy-based finish.

https://762precision.com/custom-dur...s/digital-camouflage-finishes-pixelated-camo/

It's not exactly the true UCP pattern (the squares aren't in the right spots), but it still looks great.

BTW, you can buy do-it-yourself Duracoat kits for ACU.

Also, this was recommended to me in a different thread--it has an ACU finish already:

Fenix PD35 v2.0 UCP Digital Camo Edition

No idea if it's the right fit for you, but it does save you the trouble of getting a custom finish.

Last edited:

AVService

Flashlight Enthusiast
This is just a classic!

I am pretty sure that he is the guy who suggested that Fenix light to you .:thinking:

I have never used these guys and have no affiliation with them, but they seem to do an excellent ACU finish in the very durable Duracoat epoxy-based finish.

https://762precision.com/custom-dur...s/digital-camouflage-finishes-pixelated-camo/

It's not exactly the true UCP pattern (the squares aren't in the right spots), but it still looks great.

BTW, you can buy do-it-yourself Duracoat kits for ACU.

Also, this was recommended to me in a different thread--it has an ACU finish already:

Fenix PD35 v2.0 UCP Digital Camo Edition

No idea if it's the right fit for you, but it does save you the trouble of getting a custom finish.

mrnobman

Newly Enlightened
ok thanks d. chan what do you mean squares arent in right spots. i dont see anything wrong with it.

Last edited:

mrnobman

Newly Enlightened
the problem though is that its a wordpress website. why dont they actually have a functioning site. other problem is they only do paint jobs for guns. not flashlights.
the problem though is that its a wordpress website. why dont they actually have a functioning site. other problem is they only do paint jobs for guns. not flashlights.
how do you do it yourself duracoat desert acu? isnt it hard? (ucp pattern is complex)
i guess so but then the fenix is expensive. am working class, no need for such fancy light.(fenix pd35 acu v2.0 tactical edition) its actually the charger and batteries are expensive, and as said before, my only tactical light was a 6.25$ so the streamlight Protac 1L1AA is already large improvment. never had any anodized light before, let alone type II hard anodized, that is something look forward to.
however, to be specific a desert digital pattern would be my preference, and duracoat does not offer that. it does have miraflage desert, the problem is it has some greens in it , prefer desert digital, which only has desert colors.

Last edited:

archimedes

Flashaholic
When you have a single response, please reply in a single post.

There is no need for every sentence to have its own post. That breaks up the flow of the forum, especially on mobile.

You were asked to avoid this previously, where you posted something like twelve separate, consecutive, single-line responses.

bykfixer

Flashaholic
There's this marvelous invention called "Edit Feature".

I think it's a universal idea too, so no what format or platform is used an edit option is usually available. Heck even apple allows it.

archimedes

Flashaholic
There's this marvelous invention called "Edit Feature".

I think it's a universal idea too, so no what format or platform is used an edit option is usually available. Heck even apple allows it.

Many of the posts have been edited, so I am certain this feature is known.

His post count is rising in a logarithmic curve, though.
P

Yes, staff here takes a dim view of intentional post-count "boosting" and "fluff" posts are prone to removal :ironic:

nbp

Flashaholic
If you're looking for something cheap, custom cerakote is not going to be the route you want. Especially since most of these coatings are baked on, so you can only apply it if you can remove all the electronics from the light and then reassemble it after the coating is on. If you want a digital camo light, buy one that comes with it already, or get something modular where all the components can be easily removed.

AVService

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi im intrested in this light but am tired of the coyote brown(all my molle gear is coyote brown). Does anyone know a person who can do a custom paint job in ACU Universal Camo Digital Pattern. also because the only tactical hand held i ever had was the hotshot tactical mini flashlight(a $6.25 light) and it sucks.
It is worth mentioning too that I have never seen one of these Streamlights in anything but Black anodizing so I am wondering where the idea that they are Coyote even comes from?

mrnobman

Newly Enlightened
no i meant the light itself (Protac 1L1AA) comes in body color black or coyote brown (never said the anodizing was coyote brown) cant link post moderator said so must u go to streamlight website.ok i said custom paint job not custom cerakote paint job. i am working class cant afford cerakote anyways. but would like to keep the type II anodizing specification originally on the Protac 1L1AA.ok i said custom paint job not custom cerakote paint job. i am working class cant afford cerakote anyways. but would like to keep the type II anodizing specification originally on the Protac 1L1AA.ok nbp thanks for your advice but i am a budget person something modular like the elzetta is too expensive for me. perhaps the duracoat is a good idea. but how the hell do you use it , to paint flashlight, i am unknown to this idea. can someone please help?, thanks.ok i see. sorry for not making sense.

Last edited:

mrnobman

Newly Enlightened
deleted post. too unconcise. need post all comments in one post.Sorry.

Last edited:

mrnobman

Newly Enlightened
Deleted post. too unconcise. sorry moderator. smacks myself on head.

Last edited:

AVService

Flashlight Enthusiast
no i meant the light itself (Protac 1L1AA) comes in body color black or coyote brown (never said the anodizing was coyote brown) cant link post moderator said so must u go to streamlight website

Huh?

I have never seen a brown one and mine is black.
But I see on the web site that there is one in Coyote as well so of course the anodizing is coyote which is brown to me.

Also this statement of yours simply does not make sense to me.

So if you are working man and do not want an expensive light then how is that practical if you are thinking of getting one and painting it somehow?
Black is Beautiful!

Last edited:

nbp

Flashaholic
Any "paint" you apply over anodizing is going to chip, scratch and flake off almost instantly. That's why we mentioned the ceramic coatings like cerakote. It's about the only thing that would stay on the light.

mrnobman

Newly Enlightened
Deleted Post. too unconcise. sorry moderator.

Last edited:

mrnobman

Newly Enlightened
wait how much does cerakote cost? also cant you reanodize another layer on top of the original anodized layer? isnt that cheaper?

Status
Not open for further replies.