Emisar D4SV2 finally released

LRJ88

Enlightened
I'm surprised there isn't a thread about this already, i was browsing to see if there were any news on the D1V2 that's been rumoured and found that the D4SV2 is already available and has been for a while if you selected the D4s with Anduril OS.

"Yeah, people have been receiving them for a while now. It was originally just an option on the D4S page... select Anduril as the UI, and what showed up would be a D4S V2. But then I think Emisar ran out of the V1, so when they updated their store's site, V1 was entirely replaced by V2.

V2 is pretty nice. It's not a huge change from V1, but it has some good upgrades...

• FET+3+1 (instead of FET+3), so it has better lows and higher regulated modes

• RGB aux LEDs with colorful modes, instead of single-color aux LEDs

• Attiny1634 control chip with Anduril instead of Attiny85 with RampingIOS V3, so it has a lot more modes and functions.

• Compatible with Emisar's firmware flashing kit, so it can be updated or customized easily
It still has the original D4S's nice design, performance, and build quality... it just has some upgrades inside to increase how much it can do." -Toykeeper on Reddit

Looking at it it looks like a solid upgrade, and with the easy upgrade options it could also come to fit some more special applications where the larger battery can be useful as well, such as emergency lighting or as a general stationary light with a diffuser.

Lumenwolf

Enlightened
Looks like some nice upgrades there. Also think the 26650 will give some good run times.
Am hoping that they do the D4v2 in a 21700 option too. [emoji106]

LRJ88

Enlightened
Looks like some nice upgrades there. Also think the 26650 will give some good run times.
Am hoping that they do the D4v2 in a 21700 option too. [emoji106]

I'd very much like a D1SV2 with a 21700 battery, massive throw and the possibility of great runtimes.

SubLGT

Flashlight Enthusiast
I like it! Have been looking for an interesting, fun 26650 powered light, and this will soon be in my collection. The Anduril Ui is great.

0-8-15 User

Newly Enlightened
A short time lapse of the heat development with XPL-HI V2 5D emitters:

heatup_d4sv2_xpl_hi_1rij1l.gif

PhotonMaster3

Newly Enlightened
26350 battery for Emisar D4SV2?

Hey guys new to Candle Power! I'm anxiously awaiting the arrival of my Emisar D4SV2 and I was wondering if anyone has found a good 26350 for it?

thanks!

chumley

Enlightened
Re: 26350 battery for Emisar D4SV2?

Welcome to CPF 40kaufman7. I don't run my D4s very hard, but the Shockli IMR 30A 5500 mah seems to work pretty good..IAlso have an Efest 15A 5200 mah in a D4s v1 that works fine.

Scimmy

Newly Enlightened

Lovely looking torch but I suspect it will be too hot to hold on max output

iamlucky13

Flashlight Enthusiast

Lovely looking torch but I suspect it will be too hot to hold on max output

It has active thermal control to automatically reduce output as it heats up, and it's even configurable so you can lower the maximum allowed temperature if the default is too hot for your preference.

Scimmy

Newly Enlightened

It has active thermal control to automatically reduce output as it heats up, and it's even configurable so you can lower the maximum allowed temperature if the default is too hot for your preference.

That's interesting, thanks... I may see if I can get one shipped to the UK