Diamond Light replacement 3 WATT Luxeon what's up?

SidewindR

Newly Enlightened
Diamond Light replacement 3 WATT Luxeon what\'s up?

:
HI i recently well 2 weeks ago ordered this
http://www.diamond-flashlight.com/
light for $19.95 + shipping, i read the forums and thought it was a good idea, however the company has been IMPOSIBLE
TO CONTACT since, no return calls over the past week,
and no light yet.. did i get ripped off??

DaMeatMan

Newly Enlightened
Re: Diamond Light replacement 3 WATT Luxeon what\'s up?

Well the site doesn't look all that professional to me especially with the references they made to "chinese luxeons" i don't know about you but the overall look and feel of the site seems rather cheesy and unprofessional. That's just my opinion though, hopefully though you will get the product you ordered in the mail soon enough. I would wait another week or so, keep us posted and let us know what happens.

utomatoe

Enlightened
Re: Diamond Light replacement 3 WATT Luxeon what\'s

What did you use to pay? Visa/MC/Amex? If so, don't worry, you can always have the charges reversed, but I'd wait first... no need to jump the gun.

Chris M.

Flashlight Enthusiast

I stumbled into that site a while ago. Only it isn`t one site, it`s a whole link-farm of sites with identical content, presumably designed to steal as much search-engine traffic as possible. I`m surprised you were able to order from them as every link on that page just goes to a different domain with the same content. This was raised here at CPF a while back - whoever they are, they`ve registered something like 25-30 domains all with flashlight or Luxeon related names, and every last one just displays that same page.

Although I have never had any contact with them, I would personally not do business with any internet site(s) that were set up in this way. It seems very dishonest and misleading to send people round in circles like that. I hope you get your light soon but if not, call your c/c company and dispute the charge. They should have you covered, no problems.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

3rd_shift

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Diamond Light replacement 3 WATT Luxeon what\'s up?

OH- WOW!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsdown.gif
Pretty craptacular web creation there. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dedhorse.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/xyxgun.gif
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smoker5.gif We can only hope that cpf doesn't let them be a sponsor here. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif
btw; Luxeon3 is usually $14-15 a piece in small numbers.
This may be why the $19 price tag isn't getting it for you.
oh-well..

hotbeam

Flashlight Enthusiast

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsdown.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsdown.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsdown.gif

They list OptiLED as a (maybe inferring it is theirs) product and they use the url www.opti-led.com which leads to a temporary page with some photos of the bulbs. They also used the email address [email protected] which leads nowhere.

The real manufacturer of the bulb is www.optiled.biz. It looks like they have been squeezed out of the .com namespace by the domain name hoarder /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif.

Side note, the optiled.com domain is currently locked!!

utomatoe

Enlightened

A locked domain doesn't really indicate anything... not sure if you were trying to implying anything...

Here is a crude page that describes domain locking http://www.domainsnow4u.com/domain-name-security-faq.htm

It's probably fairly common pratice now for people to lock their domains.

Edit: They seemed to reply to me in a timely matter on a technical issue. I asked if I could use a 4 cell flashlight. The reply is in another post, but I'll paraphrase it here. Basically they told me it's DD using a resistor, so 4 cell wouldn't work (too much current), but they could modify the resistor for me. Took about 2 days for a reply...