My fav headlight

ca pow

Newly Enlightened
This past year I have updated my headlight collection with Acebeam H30, The Imalent HR 70, the ThruNiteTH30, and the Zebralight H600Fd Mk IV XHP50.2 Floody 5000k High CRI, all of them I am extremely happy with. If I had to choose just one probably would choose the Acebeam H30 because it is so versatile, it is a bit bigger, but it's versatility and run time are very important to me. The Zebralight has the best color and therefore the most pleasurable, the other two are also outstanding, really you can't go wrong with any of them. The Zebralight is a bit of a pain because the battery has to be removed to charge which also means if you are traveling you have to drag along a battery charger for the 18650, which is yet another piece of equipment that has to be carried, all the other lights the batteries are charged in their tubes. The Imalent has a magnet charging cable making it the easiest to charge, but you have to have the cord with the magnetic button, also the Imalent's beam is quite pleasing, cooler than the Zebralight but very even beam with no hotspots. The Acebeam uses a USB-C cable, charges comparatively quick to the others, but might mean yet another cord to carry if you don't have other portables using USB-C. The Thrunight uses the standard USB connectors and has great runtime, maybe my 2nd choice to travel with, it is slightly larger then the Imalent and Zebralight, but not as big or heavy as the Acebeam. Currently Thrunight has a 20% off with code (given on their site) making it the most attractive of the group.

Last edited:

Keitho

Enlightened
Nice set of headlamps. The ones you've got with internal charging make good backup travel chargers--I often bring along something like your TH30 to charge cells for my ZL's when I travel to reduce the volume of cables in my bag (and the best spare cell carrier is another light!) I usually also have a Fomolov A1--smallest charger I know of that works well in a pinch.

I love my ZL headlamps...I also like the higher CRI for outdoors, 604c warm flood and 600c warm slightly-narrower-flood. That ZL efficiency and the awesome sub-lumen modes are pretty attractive in the backcountry...

LeanBurn

Flashlight Enthusiast
Headlamps are quite underrated in general. Anytime I will be working in a low light/unlit location I use them, nothing beats working hands free. I always have one as a supplement to my EDC and its backup when travelling because....you never know. My TH20 gets a lot of use when I need variable lighting needs, my Petzl Tikkina 80L is my quick 'lend a light' if I need assistance.

ca pow

Newly Enlightened
Keitho,

What a great idea to carry an extra flashlight as a charger, you make the case to love the Zebra light even more, and also make the Thrunite indispensable. Thank you for the super elegant solution!

Last edited: