• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Inserting tha QTC pill

Vemice

Enlightened
Finally getting through the pile of peak stuff I acquired recently and had a question.
I have several 10180 and 10280 bodies, most are empty meaning no QTC or "spacer" in the bottom.
I also have several pieces that I assume need to be put in.
They are the discs that I have seen before and there is a small thin ring that is supposed to go around the pill, I assume to hold it in place.
I inserted a few without the ring and the lights work but are very finicky. Just picking on up will turn it on. One is for single mode and one is a QTC pill,
With the ring on, do I just force it down the tube and press into place?
And if I mess up, can I get it back out.
Thanks........

GRRxvGNl.jpg

Vemice

Enlightened
Well, I learned one thing ; don't try to force it in by pushing down on the metal part. It breaks it apart.

peter yetman

Flashlight Enthusiast
So the QTC is in the bottom of the tube. In the single mode one is yje QTC replaced by a spring? Also I'd be interested to know how you get the old stuff out.
Thanks,
P

Last edited:

rearmount

Newly Enlightened
I'm looking at picking up a Peak Eiger soon and wanted to verify that if I purchased a QTC light, removed the QTC pill, I would essentially have a single-mode light? With no other modifications necessary or drawbacks?

Thanks again for all the assistance, I'm really looking forward towards jumping onto the Peak bandwagon!

Vemice

Enlightened
If dealing directly with Peak, I would suggest trying to get a second body. Not sure of price but can't imagine they cost too much (depending on the metal) especially if you are buying a light. I have found that getting the "pills in and out are a bit tricky. I recently split one apart trying to push it in.

archimedes

Flashaholic
I agree that having an extra tube would be the preferred approach.

You can even get a threaded cap and use it as a nice spare battery carrier, then, too.

troutpool

Flashlight Enthusiast
If I remove the pill from an Eiger, take the pill apart and take out the QTC, then put the pill back together and replace it in the light, will the light function properly now as a single mode non-QTC light?

Vemice

Enlightened
Pretty sure it will however I have been unable to reassemble the pill once apart. I suggest you contact Robyn for a "non- QTC" pill. Much easier.
I keep a few around incase one of my QTCs gets finicky.