Zebralight H600Fc Mk IV and H600c Mk IV default mode outputs?

AVService

Flashlight Enthusiast
Does anybody happen to know what the factory programmed outputs are on L1/L2, M1/M2 and H1/H2?

Thanks.
I just went to the ZL website and they are all listed clearly in the description for each light.

Am I missing something about your question here?

the badger

Enlightened
I just went to the ZL website and they are all listed clearly in the description for each light.

Am I missing something about your question here?

I'm only seeing the 12 output levels listed on the website. However I'm referring to the six output levels that are pre-programmed from factory. I don't believe I see those listed on their website as clearly as "default modes are: H1=xx, H2=xx, etc.

Or perhaps I'm mistaken and not reading the info correctly (this is probably the case).

Take the H600Fc for example, it says:
H1 1568 or H2 980/562/296 lumens
M1 143 or M2 63/25.7/9.6 lumens
L1 3.1 or L2 1.0/0.3/0.08 lumens.

I'm guessing that from factory the modes are:
H1 = 1568
H2 = 980
M1 = 143
M2 = 63
L1 = 3.1
L2 = 1.0

Appreciate the help clarifying this. Doesn't help that I've got two kids distracting me and can't dedicate more than a minute at a time to read the info (typing this too me 30 mins) :(

AVService

Flashlight Enthusiast
You are correct,from the factory the main modes are the ones you list.
Then you can select other programmed from factory modes for H2.M2.L2 as preferred.

In the standard group programmed from the factory you can do this but......

You can also go further and completely reprogram every mode step in the last 2 groups to be any of the 12 levels level that you want in any order that you like and you can have 2 easily accessed groups of the settings set up in any way that you like.

It is CRAZY!

Maybe not as crazy as trying to wrap your mind around it while dealing with Kids but you seem to know that already!

I'm only seeing the 12 output levels listed on the website. However I'm referring to the six output levels that are pre-programmed from factory. I don't believe I see those listed on their website as clearly as "default modes are: H1=xx, H2=xx, etc.

Or perhaps I'm mistaken and not reading the info correctly (this is probably the case).

Take the H600Fc for example, it says:
H1 1568 or H2 980/562/296 lumens
M1 143 or M2 63/25.7/9.6 lumens
L1 3.1 or L2 1.0/0.3/0.08 lumens.

I'm guessing that from factory the modes are:
H1 = 1568
H2 = 980
M1 = 143
M2 = 63
L1 = 3.1
L2 = 1.0

Appreciate the help clarifying this. Doesn't help that I've got two kids distracting me and can't dedicate more than a minute at a time to read the info (typing this too me 30 mins) :(

the badger

Enlightened
Right on.

The only other issue I'm having is when trying to program G6 or G7. Say I'm trying to start with L1 - I enter that mode, click 6x on switch, then the light seems to step up a notch, then I double-click at least twice to see any output changes (thought it was supposed to ramp up right away?) then I triple-click to get to lowest level then ramp up to desired output. Then, when verifying, it is not L1 that was set but L2. Same thing for M1/2 and H1/2. Lol. So when I press and hold the switch the light goes from what appears to me Med to Low to MAX. Confusing.

the badger

Enlightened
Finally received a reply from ZL re the factory programmed outputs:

Factory default setting or after resets:

H1, M1, and L1 as the main levels, while H2, M2, and L2 are set to the middle of the 3 available sub-levels.

Duster1671

Enlightened
Right on.

The only other issue I'm having is when trying to program G6 or G7. Say I'm trying to start with L1 - I enter that mode, click 6x on switch, then the light seems to step up a notch, then I double-click at least twice to see any output changes (thought it was supposed to ramp up right away?) then I triple-click to get to lowest level then ramp up to desired output. Then, when verifying, it is not L1 that was set but L2. Same thing for M1/2 and H1/2. Lol. So when I press and hold the switch the light goes from what appears to me Med to Low to MAX. Confusing.

This issue may be explained by not waiting long enough to do your six double clicks.

Lets say you want to program L2. You long-press to turn the light on in L1, then double click to switch to L2. Then you 6X double click to enter programming mode for L2. If you don't wait long enough between the first double click and the 6X double clicks, the first one will register as one of the six and you'll enter programming mode for L1.

Wait longer than you think you have to before trying to enter programming mode to make sure the click memory is flushed out.

You can also switch to the mode you want to program, then turn the light off and back on again before entering programming mode. That will ensure there's no errant double click bleeding into your 6X double clicks.

the badger

Enlightened
Thanks for the tips. However I always turn the light off the on directly to the mode I'm adjusting.

Also, you mentioned "6x double-clicks" - don't you mean 3x double-clicks (6 clicks total)?

This issue may be explained by not waiting long enough to do your six double clicks.

Lets say you want to program L2. You long-press to turn the light on in L1, then double click to switch to L2. Then you 6X double click to enter programming mode for L2. If you don't wait long enough between the first double click and the 6X double clicks, the first one will register as one of the six and you'll enter programming mode for L1.

Wait longer than you think you have to before trying to enter programming mode to make sure the click memory is flushed out.

You can also switch to the mode you want to program, then turn the light off and back on again before entering programming mode. That will ensure there's no errant double click bleeding into your 6X double clicks.