Klarus        
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Until HDS comes out with a key chain flashlight, what are you carrying?

Default Re: Until HDS comes out with a key chain flashlight, what are you carrying?

Quote Originally Posted by Hoosier Light View Post
    Muyshondt Aeon!

Superb quality, wonderful Nichia emitter, smaller than anything using AAA (CR2 battery is great compromise between size and power), great UI: choose 1,15, or 160 lumens with half presses. Great battery life with the 1 or 15 lumens--haven't had to replace my battery for at least a year.

One question: why do people keep their "keychain" light on a keychain? My Aeon is just fine being loose in my pocket and keeping it separate from my keys makes finding the right key easier.
    If your keychain light isnít on a keychain, than it isnít a keychain light. If itís in your pocket, itís a pocket light. No matter how compact it is.
    On my keychain I have been carrying a Prometheus Beta QR V1 for about 6 years. The original 2 mode light that used constant current on high and low mode, and used the Swiss style connector. I was using my HAIII light up until less than a year ago when it suddenly quit on me, and I switched it out for the EN version of the same light thatís just as old. Someday soon Iíll contact Jason at Prometheus Lights and see about sending my old black HAIII light to him to see if he can fix or repair it.
    I have introduced other lights to my keychain to ďtag alongĒ with the Beta and provide alternative/backup light, but those other lights always end up being removed while the Beta has never been ďdethronedĒ as the ultimate keychain flashlight in my opinion and experience. Itís just so darned good. Nowadays theyíre being made with 3 mode drivers that go low medium high, and run the more compact cantered spring QR from his kappa QR.

Default Re: Until HDS comes out with a key chain flashlight, what are you carrying?

I carry a well used Preon ReVO.

Last edited by datiLED; 10-08-2019 at 07:58 PM.
    I am currently accepting limited mod requests. Please send me a PM!

Iím using a nebo micro. Great UI and a momentary turbo. Green and red led as well

A mate of mine is about to carry a black 2 mode Promrtheus Beta.
    I'm seriously impressed, lovely CT and tint plus a silky twisting action.
    P
    Peter's shopping list:- HDS / Oveready 170N Exec/LE and an Oveready V4 Nichia Drop In. Otherwise I'm content. Want want want, that's me.

Quote Originally Posted by peter yetman View Post
    P
    That's one lucky fellow. I hope he appreciates it!
    ďMay it be a light to you in dark places, when all other lights go out.Ē
    J.R.R. Tolkien, The Fellowship of the Ring

I'm currently rocking the Rovyvon A8. It's very feature-rich: Nichia 219c LED, UV/Red/White secondaries, and USB rechargeable. At under $50, I think it's in-line with what you're getting. I see very few keychain flashlights on the market packing as much in as Rovyvon is. The main disadvantage (and why I would like to see an HDS keychain light) is the lack of durability. The Rovyvon lights lack waterproofing, and the A8's body is polycarbonate. On the other hand though, the weight makes it easily manageable on a keychain.

[IMG]

The other keychain flashlight I run is a George Kemene's Omicron in titanium. Such a beautiful, classy keychain flashlight in all respects. It's fully programmable with Guppy Drv., has a Nichia 219c as well, and has tritium in the tail cap for easily locating it at night. My main issue with it is that the light is actuated from the tail cap, so it can be difficult to switch to progress modes. I don't use it as often anymore, but it's still a stellar light that isn't leaving my collection anytime soon. If HDS did make a keychain light, I think I'd want it to be a twisty.

[IMG]
    My YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCcp...5oUVN8rPDveKYA (EDC, Gear Reviews, and More!)

Quote Originally Posted by RCS1300 View Post
    How do you like the Maus? I was considering the Maus but my hands are huge (XXL) and the McGizmo Sapphire seemed to have more tactile gripping surface to operate the light.
    It's smaller and smoother than the sapphire, and I'm not crazy about twisting back and forth to change levels. But having three levels is very nice and it has a very high quality feel overall. Other than the Photon, which is a totally different kind of flashlight, I haven't found another one that I want to have on me at all times.

Quote Originally Posted by the0dore3524 View Post

The other keychain flashlight I run is a George Kemene's Omicron in titanium. Such a beautiful, classy keychain flashlight in all respects...If HDS did make a keychain light, I think I'd want it to be a twisty.

[IMG]
    I am keeping an eye on George's designs. He likes to keep it small, which is great. Soon, I hope he comes out with a simple AAA format. I would pay $350 for that with tritium. Just now saw his thread on the Balaton Flashlight. Going to look into the Balaton...

I enjoyed reading your review thread on the Omicron in a post dated 9/2/2018.

If anyone wants to see his designs go to the WTS Custom Titanium & Exotic Metal Flashlights and search for "George". Hopefully, soon he will get a place in the CPF Custom Flashlight Builders and Modders section of the website. But, they might charge $$ for that, I do not know.
    Last edited by RCS1300; 10-09-2019 at 06:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by peter yetman View Post
    P
    The EN light is even smoother. Noticeably smoother. I used the black beta a very long time, and it seemed like the o ring would always end up kinda dry. I figured maybe some kind of capillary action from the HAIII. The EN feels about as smooth as the copper beta.

I am keeping an eye on George's designs. He likes to keep it small, which is great. Soon, I hope he comes out with a simple AAA format. I would pay $350 for that with tritium. Just now saw his thread on the Balaton Flashlight. Going to look into the Balaton...

I enjoyed reading your review thread on the Omicron in a post dated 9/2/2018.

If anyone wants to see his designs go to the WTS Custom Titanium & Exotic Metal Flashlights and search for "George". Hopefully, soon he will get a place in the CPF Custom Flashlight Builders and Modders section of the website. But, they might charge $$ for that, I do not know.
    Not only does Gyorgy Kemenes make cool little lights, he is a really good guy as well. Pleasure to deal with.
    Thor's Hammer Custom Leather
    HDS Systems Henry's Mini-Me
    I play with dead things

Quote Originally Posted by Hogokansatsukan View Post
    Not only does Gyorgy Kemenes make cool little lights, he is a really good guy as well. Pleasure to deal with.
    I really want to purchase one of his lights and I told him. It is simply that the batteries used are a bit unusual. I am concerned about spending hundreds ($$$) on the light and then not being able to find the batteries in a few years. I was going to purchase the Nucleus but the size is way too small for my huge hands.

Today, I received Don's Sapphire and it has exceeded my expectations in design simplicity, function, form, style, finish, and utility. In the two pictures below I have it next to my current five HDS lights including the upgraded, by HDS, titanium RaClicky with a High Noon Nichia 219C 5700K emitter. It stacks up nicely.

Last edited by RCS1300; 10-09-2019 at 03:19 PM. Reason: Clarity

Flashaholic

Today, I received Don's Sapphire and it has exceeded my expectations in design simplicity, function, form, style, finish, and utility. In the two pictures below I have it next to my current five HDS lights including the upgraded, by HDS, titanium RaClicky with a High Noon Nichia 219C 5700K emitter. It stacks up nicely.
    Great looking lights!

ImageUploadedByCandlepowerforums1570665286.631976.jpg

I think Iíve had the jetbeam on here about 3-4 years now
    a single sunbeam is enough to drive away many shadows- St. Francis of Assissi

Quote Originally Posted by aginthelaw View Post
    ImageUploadedByCandlepowerforums1570665286.631976.jpg

I think Iíve had the jetbeam on here about 3-4 years now
    Iíve had the brass equivalent for about a year and really liked it, but just got the titanium one that looks very similar. Iím looking forward to carry this one for a long time. With a HiCri diffused emitter, it makes the perfect compliment to the HDS 325NLT.

I just thought of another potentially interesting option, but one which I don't use (and why) ....

The Minion could be a worthy choice for this role.

However, for me, I find it so small that it's cumbersome to manipulate (especially to change modes). And it gets hot, fast. And I really dislike carrying anything magnetic.
    ... is the archimedes peak

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12