Elzetta's warranty now 5 years, proof of purchase required

Grijon

Flashlight Enthusiast
A quick perusal of Elzetta's website showed no mention of their warranty, which I thought was lifetime.

Using their website search function turned up a page stating that there is a limited 5-year warranty with proof of purchase required.

When did this happen?

Modernflame

Flashlight Enthusiast
It reads like a fairly typical flashlight warranty, but I still find the limitations surprising. I'm not sure when or if it changed. Maybe I just assumed they took their queues from Gene Malkoff.

Guess we have to stop using our flashlights as a hammer.:sigh:

Random Dan

Flashlight Enthusiast
I would like to give Elzetta the benefit of the doubt here, but it strikes me as really shady that you can only find that information in an obscure page which can only be accessed by search, when the easy to find FAQ page says lifetime warranty. Hopefully it's just an honest mistake.

Grijon

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi archimedes, I read that thread before starting this one.

I thought that the 5-year, "proof of purchase required, no exceptions" warranty was worth talking about because before starting my search for information on my Elzetta Alpha I was under the impression that it was a lifetime warranty, which the website is very clear that it is not.

I'm not interested in bashing any brands and I tried to be careful in my opening to simply state what I've found, which I think is worth sharing.

Thank you for leaving it open, I hope that it stays flame-free.

thermal guy

Flashaholic
I'm sure a quick email to them would clear it all up.As arch has said the good guys always go over and beyond with customer service an they are a pretty good company.

archimedes

Flashaholic
Hi archimedes, I read that thread before starting this one.

I thought that the 5-year, "proof of purchase required, no exceptions" warranty was worth talking about because before starting my search for information on my Elzetta Alpha I was under the impression that it was a lifetime warranty, which the website is very clear that it is not.

I'm not interested in bashing any brands and I tried to be careful in my opening to simply state what I've found, which I think is worth sharing.

Thank you for leaving it open, I hope that it stays flame-free.

If this truly represents a change in brand policy, I agree it is noteworthy.

Thank you for bringing it to our attention, and if additional relevant information becomes available, please update us here.

No "cut-and-paste" of personal messages, but if a response from them adds clarity on this, summarizing that would be fine.

bykfixer

Flashaholic
Proof of purchase could be an invoice that I tossed a long time ago. Uh oh. Or perhaps they archived each sale to me, but my Alpha(s) came from big river sellers. Authorized by Elzetta, mind you but not likely registered in their database.

I suppose if my Alpha(s) fail it could get dicey. Hmmmmm.
Yet as hard as I tried to cripple one of those to no avail, I aint worried about it anyway.

the0dore3524

Flashlight Enthusiast
Where are you seeing this OP? Looking at the FAQ, it still says they have a limited lifetime warranty. And other text in the About says "guaranteed forever".

peter yetman

Flashlight Enthusiast
Seeing it's not directly accessable from the site, I think we need some clarification before we get our knickers in a twist.
There's a whole folder on my website dedicated to flashlight photos that I use to upload here. But you can't find it from the website, it could well be something like that.
Without someone emailing and asking, I think it's not a good idea to speculate.
P

neutralwhite

Flashlight Enthusiast
agreed, I have sent Elzetta an email also .

Seeing it's not directly accessable from the site, I think we need some clarification before we get our knickers in a twist.
There's a whole folder on my website dedicated to flashlight photos that I use to upload here. But you can't find it from the website, it could well be something like that.
Without someone emailing and asking, I think it's not a good idea to speculate.
P