Help me get screwed.

Hogokansatsukan

Flashlight Enthusiast
So, I was wondering...
What are the most common thread sizing and spacing for screw holes for pocket clips on custom made lights? Is there a common denominator on these?

Asking for a friend.

Hogo

usdiver

Flashlight Enthusiast
Have you trained Geronimo to assist in building and is he asking for port windows for the elf?

Mtbmurf

Newly Enlightened
So, I was wondering...
What are the most common thread sizing and spacing for screw holes for pocket clips on custom made lights? Is there a common denominator on these?

Asking for a friend.

Hogo

Lol

mac's and some other lights pretty sure use somethin like this:
Titanium Screw 4-40 Button Head 3/16" Thread Length T8

scout24

Flashaholic
Hogo- I can send you a McGizmo clip and screws if you'd like, to play around with. Let me know. It fits my Okluma, and the clip screw spacing was the same on the Hanko I owned. Steel Flame fit all the above-mentioned lights too, so I think the spacing is pretty standardized.

Edit- I can send pics to you with micrometer measurements also, either way...

Last edited:

Hogokansatsukan

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hogo- I can send you a McGizmo clip and screws if you'd like, to play around with. Let me know. It fits my Okluma, and the clip screw spacing was the same on the Hanko I owned. Steel Flame fit all the above-mentioned lights too, so I think the spacing is pretty standardized.

Edit- I can send pics to you with micrometer measurements also, either way...

Pics with a micrometer would be great.
I am still trying to slay this pocket clip beast that plagues HDS like a scorching case of herpes.

usdiver

Flashlight Enthusiast
One of the guys here had the perfect solution for those who want a clip and it looked really good but wasn't it decided there would be no more holes???

Hogokansatsukan

Flashlight Enthusiast
This wouldn't happen for at least a Henry two weeks X 2 or 3, but my evil plan would make it an option so people could choose holy vs. unholy... consecrated vs. unconsecrated...

I have the advantage of being able to pester Henry nearly daily about things like this.

usdiver

Flashlight Enthusiast
I did seek out the gentleman that did this for his but I gave up the chase as I don't have a drill press nor do I desire to try this and not get it right but this would be a more cost effective solution than the current universal clips plus would allow the user to pretty much choose what clip they wanted as well as solve the anti roll issue and I d personally opt for it. It could still also be used with holsters and other carry devices...
It will also work with, without a holster and also will be compatible with my own system I am building.

However the current universal clip will also work for the above options.

Does anyone remember the previous post about the custom clip project and the holes in the tail section just under the tailcap?

Last edited:

jon_slider

Flashlight Enthusiast
Does anyone remember the previous post about the custom clip project and the holes in the tail section just under the tailcap?

https://www.candlepowerforums.com/v...holes-yes-no&p=5271509&viewfull=1#post5271509
gShaA8u.jpg

That is a clip from a Jetbeam, and it uses the same screw spacing as a McGizmo.
Henry often says no no no no, before he says, maybe maybe maybe, then he says yes (sometimes).

Last edited:

usdiver

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks Jon I thought there was another one, is fyrstormer's light the only one with this and is the spacing same as the BOSS clip?

Mtbmurf

Newly Enlightened
https://www.candlepowerforums.com/v...holes-yes-no&p=5271509&viewfull=1#post5271509

That is a clip from a Jetbeam, and it uses the same screw spacing as a McGizmo.
Henry often says no no no no, before he says, maybe maybe maybe, then he says yes (sometimes).

i just looked at my rotary. So this clip option will shorten the amount of travel on the rotary mechanism due to it hitting the clip right? Did you install it on the high beam or low beam side of henry's screw stop?
curious...
im a clip guy... i wear dress slacks all day w shirt and tie and the current frankenclip for the rotary doesnt hold taught. I have to keep taking it off and bending it tight. Almost went back to my clicky.... almost... lol

usdiver

Flashlight Enthusiast
i just looked at my rotary. So this clip option will shorten the amount of travel on the rotary mechanism due to it hitting the clip right? Did you install it on the high beam or low beam side of henry's screw stop?
curious...
im a clip guy... i wear dress slacks all day w shirt and tie and the current frankenclip for the rotary doesnt hold taught. I have to keep taking it off and bending it tight. Almost went back to my clicky.... almost... lol

FWIW I did once look into other makers clips and believe o light makes some that are compatible. If HDS would offer the holes in that area under the tailcap I'd be up to getting mine done. I m not enthusiastic about taking a drill to my rotaries and I d like to see it happen but if it doesn't I have other options which work very well.