Fenix E18R hot charge cord

LittleBill

Newly Enlightened
Does anyone own this? I got it tonight and might have a problem.

i am getting a bit of heat out of the usb cord at the CHARGER side or the usb A side itself, not at the light itself. not sure if i should call fenix for a new cord. i have never seen a cord get hot in this location, its only charging at .83a so not very fast.

Lynx_Arc

Flashaholic
I've seen cords get rather warm on the charger side of the USB cord it may be a charger issue rather than the cord itself can you check the voltage out of the charger in use to see if it is dropping lower than normal?

LittleBill

Newly Enlightened
I've seen cords get rather warm on the charger side of the USB cord it may be a charger issue rather than the cord itself can you check the voltage out of the charger in use to see if it is dropping lower than normal?

heat moves with the cord. i use multiple charger all of decent quality. and a usb tester shows everything working as normal

jirik_cz

Flashlight Enthusiast
E18R and E30R have charging electronics integrated in the cable, this could cause some heating of the cable.

LittleBill

Newly Enlightened
based on jirik, it appears to be normal, i don't have another cord and i have charge the light 3 times now with the exact same amount of heating.