Looking for recomendations for a 3D Maglite

Takigu

Newly Enlightened
I've got a 3D incandescent Maglite that i am contemplating upgrading to LED and possibly Lithium batteries. I had considered a TerraLUX Ministar 5b but I was hoping to find something a bit brighter. I've got an Olight S30R Baton III that I daily carry and i love the runtime and brightness of that. I'm a complete novice on building custom flashlight but i am fairly proficient at soldering and not afraid to take things apart. Any suggestions on reading material or parts?

alpg88

Flashlight Enthusiast
adventure sports sells great mag dropins. that work on regular alkalines as well as rechargeables, li ion or nimh (1 li ion replaces 3 minh, or alkalines). there are malkoff drop ins, for maglites.
you can mod it yourself, we have dozens of threads about moding a maglite, there are many different ways to do it. if you can tell us how far you want to take it, and how much you are looking to spend it would be easier to link mod thread, there are too many on this forum alone. i personally moded dozens of maglites from simple mods to crazy ones, just tell us what you want to build

Last edited: