Acebeam x65 mini 5000k

ncvarmint2016

Enlightened
Hello all,
i am in the market for a new thrower type light. I have TN40 now and i like it but want more lumens and throw. I use these for 2-300 yards max mostly. Does anyone here have experience with these 2 and how do you like your X65 mini? Also looking at a X45 5000k for a close range light.
I also have a Sup-beam K40Mvn and a Olight X7 for my big lights
thanks

richbuff

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have two X65 original versions. I am made to understand that the beam performance and beam profile of the X65 Mini is identical to the original version.

I love my X65's, for several reasons: Lots of lumens and lots of throw. There are lights with more, but they are more massive and bulkier. The X65 occupies a sweet, sweet spot on the size/mass/power/throw continuum.

I also have X45; it is suited very well for closer range where lots of lumens and moderate throw are needed.

ncvarmint2016

Enlightened
Thanks for the reply, i can get the K75 for $10 more than the X65
mini but dont think i need that much throw.

richbuff

Flashlight Enthusiast
You're welcome. The K75 is a dedicated thrower, so it has not much use for anything other than longer range.

Longer range: K75.

Medium range: X65.

Short range: X45.

I like very small, small, medium, large and very large lights for short, medium and long range, so I need 15 lights. I am up to 21 real performance lights.

ncvarmint2016

Enlightened
My X65 mini is supposed to be here Tuesday. Can't wait to test her out that night. Now debating on getting a X45 5000k version or a new spyderco knife next week

ncvarmint2016

Enlightened
Got the light last night and am impressed with it so far, but had a question on the batts that came with it. One cell of the 4 was like 3.5volts and the others were 3.7 volts, so it that anything to worry about? I put all 4 batts in the charger and that one battery took an extra 1.5 hrs to charge

richbuff

Flashlight Enthusiast
If all four batteries are new and exactly identically labeled, and if they were supplied to you by a reliable, authorized source, and they were all charged to completion, then all is well. After some use, all four should be very close to same voltage, and then take same time to charge.

Please tell us what you think of the beam profile/performance.

Pipper99

Newly Enlightened
I was all set to by the k75, but then I saw the x65 mini, and I loved the flood along with the throw. The k75 seemed a bit too specialized for my use. My x65 mini is on the way!