Prometheus        

Thread: Surefire lx2

Default Surefire lx2

Does anybody know if there is a way to put a clickey switch on a surefire lx2

Default Re: Surefire lx2

If I recall, the head is Surefire E series compatible. So if you put the head on an E body with the proper cells, the head should work in high mode as a clicky. I can't imagine wanting to lose the "gas pedal" high low personally. Low mode is controlled by the resistor in the tailcap so you'd never have two levels with a clicky. Maybe Tana can mod the head with a different driver/emitter to give you what you want? Welcome to CPF, by the way... 😁
    Wildflower seeds on the sand and stone
    May the four winds blow you safely home...

Thanks for the advice

The only downside to that is loosing the two stage (gas pedal) functionality. Imo the best part about the lx2.

Flashaholic*

No easy way. If it's in good condition, you're better off selling it and getting something like an E2D Led Defender or a tactician. Alternatively, if you can still find them, there's the E2L or the EB2-C Backup.

You could put the head on a new body. If you want it to match you might be limited to models like the L4, E2O, or a natural E2. If not, there are few options out there (Malkoff makes a one piece body and tail). If you like the beam. I highly suggest the older E2DL. Same high beam with the addition of a low beam and clicky tail. They are a little older, so you can find them pretty cheap, or you might be able to trade your LX2 for one in the classifieds.