• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired **FS:McGizmo 3xRebel Triple Cx2 Ti PROTO**PRICE DROP**

luxlunatic

Flashlight Enthusiast
**WITHDRAWN:McGizmo 3xRebel Triple Cx2 Ti PROTO**

HwKPd7Z.jpg

Hello all!
Here we have the 3xR Cx2, a mint condition one of a kind McGizmo 2-stage and 2-cell prototype that consists of 3 Rebel LED's utilizing 10mm (McR R10) reflectors and is driven by a NewBadBoy converter (.88 mA -Low & 4.65 mA -High: LED's in series) producing 68 lumens on low and 286 lumens on high and using the rare, Cx2 "PD" type body that works with the PD heads (not the later produced E-Series based 2 cell body with a similar design).
This light was built by Don himself 12+ years ago when he was experimenting with LED's other than the Luxeon, Seoul and Cree LED's that he was using in his production waves.
The stats above come from Don's project website that you can visit here:
http://www.dmcleish.com/CPF/Rebel-Clusters/index.html
There are some beam shots there as well as a bunch of other projects of his.
More shots!
4uwf2KH.jpg

2wd2cHf.jpg

rIg3dyF.jpg

You will notice in the next shots the early stage of this light when is comes to the circuit board that is not exactly uniform in the head (although the reflector array is centered perfectly) showing that "prototype" aesthetic.
rbnWrf6.jpg

JZs3yIy.jpg

In the following shots, you can see the longer clip that Don had made for the original Cx2 bodies 12+ years ago. I believe that only 25 units were made for the production S27 Cx2 wave but a few may have been available separately from Don for a short time. The later E-Series compatible body came with the shorter clip. The E-Series body is also identifiable when viewed (with no head on) will have its threads on the outside of the body with an E head covering the threads where as the PD style here has the threads on the inside and the head is inserted into the body.
The longer clip also has a slight bend in its tip that I've never seen on the shorter clips (McLUXIII T on left below not included in sale).
B5fyZDW.jpg

I have been using a 17670 battery (not included in sale) in this but it can also use 2 primaries, not sure about anything over 6 volts like using 2 lithium ions. The 17670 is a snug fit where the primaries fit fine. I believe there is now a 16650 available that could be a rechargeable option.

**3xR Cx2 Ti Proto - WITHDRAWN

Please let me know if you have any questions, or if any of my information is inaccurate, or you have more info on this light.

-Paypal only please.
-First "I'll take it" in this thread has priority.
-Paypal fees and shipping to CONUS (USPS Priority with insurance) are included in the price.
-Not interested in trades at this time.

-Thanks for looking!
-Michael.

Last edited:

RUSH FAN

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: **FS:McGizmo 3xRebel Triple Cx2 Ti PROTO**

Love the Lightsabers!

luxlunatic

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: **FS:McGizmo 3xRebel Triple Cx2 Ti PROTO**

Bump it up with a price drop!