• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Logan 17500 Question

Vemice

Enlightened
Trying again to get one of these but not sure which version I want.
I like the idea of using virtually any battery that I have. My question is if I get the Keychain bodly, can the end be removed to use as a low level tail srander or is the keychain end part of the light function?
I want the option of the monetary switch so hence the keychain option.
Thanks.

thermal guy

Flashaholic
So how does that work? Can you just unscrew the keychain attachment and tail stand it like that? Or do you need to attach the Momentary Switch.

thermal guy

Flashaholic
Thanks arch. This thing has been on my list for awhile now. I'll pull the trigger some day.

archimedes

Flashaholic
Thanks arch. This thing has been on my list for awhile now. I'll pull the trigger some day.

Yes the steel Logan 17500 has been my main travel light for many years ....

pD9uta9.jpg

archimedes

Flashaholic
What head setup are you using? I assume the QTC works better in these than the Eiger.
Narrow optic, and yes, the QTC generally works better with the larger diameter bezels. That particular one may have a developed a loose "crumb" somewhere in the pill, as it has started to flicker, but I haven't gotten around to cleaning it out.

Vemice

Enlightened
Narrow optic, and yes, the QTC generally works better with the larger diameter bezels. That particular one may have a developed a loose "crumb" somewhere in the pill, as it has started to flicker, but I haven't gotten around to cleaning it out.

Thanks.
Last time I communicated with Robyn she said that they just got a new batch of 3200K High CRI leds in. I don't really need the "throw" so much any more so considering the medium optic realizing that I won't get quite as much output.

archimedes

Flashaholic
I find the "narrow" optic fairly well balanced (not a tight beam) , while the "medium" optic I would consider to be more of a flood pattern.