Ebike battery cells LiFePo4 or 29E?

jawnn

Enlightened

I need to buidl a 2kWh pack for my cycletruck. The samsung 29E was recomended, but I don't trust them without using fuses. So I was looking at these new LiFePo4 26650 cells.

Thereare a lot of diffences in cells. And LiFePO426650 Rechargeable Cell: 3.2V 3300mAh seems like a lot of power for these cells. Is that an over stamate,or a wishfull statement? Or can I trust the numbers?

And then I am thinking that they could still benefit to keeping the charge down to 90% to make the cells last longer. I would want to keep the 29E's down to 80%

Last edited:

sbj

Newly Enlightened
From the energy content (Wh), both cells are about the same. The volume of the 26650 are of course much larger and about twice as heavy weight.
In addition, the state of charge can hardly be reliably estimated on the basis of the extremely flat discharge curve. This speaks against the use of the LiFePO4 cells.

jawnn

Enlightened
From the energy content (Wh), both cells are about the same. The volume of the 26650 are of course much larger and about twice as heavy weight.
In addition, the state of charge can hardly be reliably estimated on the basis of the extremely flat discharge curve. This speaks against the use of the LiFePO4 cells.

I thought it was too good to be true.......so I wil have to use the less expinsive cells 29E.........