Please - your recommendations for lightweight, BRIGHT, headlamp for electronics work?

DHart

Flashlight Enthusiast
I need a new headlamp for use while working on my electronics wiring, soldering, etc.

I'm hoping for the following qualities:

-BRIGHT
-LIGHT WEIGHT (18650 will be too heavy)
-SINGLE-CELL LI-ION POWERED (probably 14500)
-NEUTRAL COLOR QUALITY
-FLOODY BEAM for CLOSE WORKING DISTANCES (tabletop)

With this, I don't need a super long runtime - perhaps 2+ hours on medium-high?

I'm thinking a single 14500 Li-ion may be just about right for output and runtime?

Any recommendations from you folks would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited:

Dicaeopolis

Enlightened
I don't have any headlamps, but I do have the Malkoff headlamp holder and it has 2 side holders and 1 holder in the front. I have a single CR123 Malkoff MDC in there. I bought it because I can use lights I already have and nothing beats Malkoff for reliability. It's $20 without a coupon and it is heavy duty strapping and velcro.

NPL

Enlightened
Acebeam H40, and add a piece of DC fix in front of the lens.

2+ hours of runtime on high with an AA or 14500 cell is not going to happen unless high is not very bright... Medium you should be ok.

Sent from my Pixel using Candlepowerforums mobile app

DHart

Flashlight Enthusiast
I decided to tolerate some extra weight and ordered a H604c 18650 XHP50.2 Flood 4000K, High CRI Headlamp.

It's on back-order, unfortunately, but the specs are mind-boggling - for runtimes, tint, and output. WOW!

I also ordered an H53Fc AA Headlamp Floody Neutral White, High CRI. Lower power, reasonable run times, lighter weight - should be great for workbench use.

Last edited:

DHart

Flashlight Enthusiast

JBS

Newly Enlightened
Zebralight H502C. 120 degrees of pure flood (no hot spot), neutral white, can take a AA or 14500 battery. I've used the H502w for work around my house for about six years now, and it's great for up-close work (working in car, in attics, cooking on grill at night, table top work), and I think the H502C is an upgrade to that. I think that the H53Fc only has a 90 degree spread with a hotspot so it won't be as floody as the H502C, and it also can't take a 14500 battery (2.0V max).
http://www.zebralight.com/H502c-L2-High-CRI-Neutral-White-AA-Flood-Headlamp_p_143.html

Last edited:

DHart

Flashlight Enthusiast
Zebralight H502C. 120 degrees of pure flood (no hot spot), neutral white, can take a AA or 14500 battery. I've used the H502w for work around my house for about six years now, and it's great for up-close work (working in car, in attics, cooking on grill at night, table top work), and I think the H502C is an upgrade to that. I think that the H53Fc only has a 90 degree spread with a hotspot so it won't be as floody as the H502C, and it also can't take a 14500 battery (2.0V max).
http://www.zebralight.com/H502c-L2-High-CRI-Neutral-White-AA-Flood-Headlamp_p_143.html

Definitely a good option! Thanks for the input. However, it's quite close to the H51FW that I already have.

I have decided that my H51FW still serves the need well.

But, I did order the very potent H604C... for times when I want either HUGE output, or quite long runtime at stepped-down levels. It's a powerful winner!

Last edited:

Latest posts