• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Fireflies ROT66vn V2 - Popcan Auxiliary

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
  • Factory Link Here
  • Added heft improves quality feel over original V1
  • White2 6500K (Looks ~5500K to me)
  • Turn On Performance: 9000L, 100kcd, 633m
  • Audril UI Ramping UI
  • Stainless tail cap included
  • Diffuser included (Does not lock on to front bezel)
  • BRIGHT Cyan & Green AUX LEDs
  • VTC5D Recommend for Max Output

$135

3tAOzGR.jpg

J8ocpcl.jpg

CQw6vZC.jpg

i1IvleT.jpg

FrYAwRS.jpg

FDLEEFM.jpg

Last edited:
Yes, the factory claims 18k lumens for 12x Osram W2... that seems high doesn't it? The D18vn w/18 W2s only does 15k lumens... how could 18k be remotely possible?

Th558

Newly Enlightened
Did you double click from off? Cause on anduril that goes to max ramp. You have to double click when it's already on. If these numbers are actually accurate that's pretty disappointing. I was expecting at least 15k and more throw especially since your throw numbers usually seem to be a bit exaggerated.

Last edited:

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
Did you double click from off? Cause on anduril that goes to max ramp. You have to double click when it's already on. If these numbers are actually accurate that's pretty disappointing. I was expecting at least 15k and more throw especially since your throw numbers usually seem to be a bit exaggerated.

I will try again. Only double click once.

Th558

Newly Enlightened
Same. Ordered from banggood but might cancel if the results are the same. My FT03 goes straight to turbo from off with a double click but that's Narsil. MF01S with anduril requires the light to already be on to reach turbo from a double click. From off it will just go to max ramp which I dont like..there's a way around this though. Just set max ramp to 100.

Patriot

Flashaholic
I'm actually a little bit surprised at some of the reactions to the output figures. Vinh has been pushing these Osram LEDs for some time now and they're a well known quantity. Since when do CPFers take a manufacturer's output claims at face value, when we all understand fudge factors and mistakes concerning these figures? There's no way that these W2's are even reaching 1200L after resistance and optics are considered. An overview of the Skylumen line-up demonstrates that the typical, single W2 gives about 900-1000L when driven on its own and about 800-900L when in multi-emitters. D18vn = 833L per W2, E07vn = 835L per W2, FW3A = 937L per W2. With 6 fewer LED's than the D18vn, it seems that the ROT66vn V2 is exactly where we should expect it on the output spectrum. Perhaps future bins of W2 will see an improvement in flux, in which case, every W2 light will benefit.

Patriot

Flashaholic
Perhaps beamshots between a ROT66vnV2 W2 and D18vn W2 would provide a helpful, visual verification of the measured outputs. Or just remove 6 x W2's from the D18vn and take a beamshot of that... haha.

Patriot

Flashaholic

Th558

Newly Enlightened
Well if the MF01S does 15k lumens with 18 SST20s and 4 cells then the ROT66 with 12 LEDs and 3 cells should do atl east 9000 - 10000 shouldn't it? So how could the osram LEDs be doing the same as the SST20s when they have a much lower vf? 2.2A SST20 vs 7 A W2 @3.2v. Also fireflies told me it should last 20 - 30 seconds on turbo. They originally had cancelled the osram version due to heat issues and high price. For some reason they decided to bring it back though.

Last edited:

Patriot

Flashaholic
Vinh measured the MTS18vn (with low resistance mods) with brightest 6500K SST20's at 14,000L. Warmer versions will not be as bright but it's interesting to note that Fireflies lists both the CW and NW as 10,000L, which tells me that they're probably not being very precise. W2 versions of the MTS18vn would likely be in the 15,000-15,500 territory based on the fact that Vinh measured the XPL HI at 16,000L in the MTS18vn.

Indeed, the W2 ROT66vn Gen2 will be brighter than the SST20 6500K and if FF is calling it 10,000L it's probably closer to 8500L while the W2 is 9000+. Sometimes Vinh's lumen figures seem a little bit conservative when compared to others' measurements but even if you add 5-7% to Vinh's figures, it's all relative.

EDIT:
I just wanted to add that I think the Gen2 version is really neat. I like the idea of the added mass and I really like the small head size of this model. It certainly will have advantages in the area of heat sinking, longer run times and ergonomics when compared to a D18. It's all a trade-off and giving up some lumens for a much smaller, cooler running light, with aux LED's, might be the perfect compromise for some.

Last edited:

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
Sorry just got home late tonight so still have note retest with a second double click for the hidden turbo. I will report tomorrow when I get to it. Cross your finger that the first double click wasn't 100% power. ahahah

Th558

Newly Enlightened
Do you use VTC5Ds ? and is the throw also measured at turn on? Also I'd appreciate it of you could make a comparison video or pictures with the same camera settings of the d18 white 2, rot66g2 and stock gt mini or d1s.