• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Emisar D4Svn V2 - Best 26650 Light R

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
  • Factory Link Here
  • Audril UI
  • Magnet in tail cap
  • Stainless & matching color AL. bezel included
  • Supercharged options boost performance but eliminate lens as part of the mod
  • White2 5400K 4600L, 100Kcd, 633m
  • White2 5400K Supercharged 5000L, 118Kcd, 697m (+$20)
  • Buy One!
$115
Email if you need another LED :)

1IJdEAd.jpg

37srSHy.jpg

QN3vxp7.jpg

b8YwCV2.jpg

aJ7uVZL.jpg

b8llzblue

Flashlight Enthusiast
One of my favorite lights from you. Now I get to buy another buy a v2 and the cyan color!

So if you remove the lens... does that mean if I stick it in a pocket, with pocket lint or anything else small enough to fit... I could get junk inside the head? Just exposed optics with no cover over the surrounding internals? Sounds like a fire hazard, unless there are two lenses and you're only removing one. That or it MUST be kept in a case/holster of the variety which would prevent anything from accidentally entering the head... and definite head stand while not in use. And forget about using it in the rain? Sorry if I am just misunderstanding what "removing the lens" means!

Awesome light!! I may very likely buy this one, I wanted that one-off supercharged D4S with the pink heat treatment bezel, but I was too slow haha.

Last edited:

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
So if you remove the lens... does that mean if I stick it in a pocket, with pocket lint or anything else small enough to fit... I could get junk inside the head? No. I install a fat Orings to keep contaminants out. However your optics will be exposed and can get scratch.

Just exposed optics with no cover over the surrounding internals?
Sounds like a fire hazard, unless there are two lenses and you're only removing one. That or it MUST be kept in a case/holster of the variety which would prevent anything from accidentally entering the head... and definite head stand while not in use. And forget about using it in the rain? Sorry if I am just misunderstanding what "removing the lens" means!
Light should function relatively close to stock but if you want the best seal from the elemenst I would suggest not ordering the supercharged option.

Awesome light!! I may very likely buy this one, I wanted that one-off supercharged D4S with the pink heat treatment bezel, but I was too slow haha.

Last edited:
So performance wise, this V2 edition is the same as the late-gen V1, except with a few extra bells and whistles, right? Namely, the option for an SS bezel, aux LEDs, and a magnet in the tail cap?

But the last V1 sold (one off pink HC bezel) supercharged with lens removal is the same performance as the current supercharged V2.

Just checking to verify if there were any internal modifications such as improved wiring, better heatsinking, etc?

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
So performance wise, this V2 edition is the same as the late-gen V1, except with a few extra bells and whistles, right? Namely, the option for an SS bezel, aux LEDs, and a magnet in the tail cap?

But the last V1 sold (one off pink HC bezel) supercharged with lens removal is the same performance as the current supercharged V2.

Just checking to verify if there were any internal modifications such as improved wiring, better heatsinking, etc?

Everything is the same as V1 mod except now you get more for less money.

Ah okay, cool! Thanks for the clarification Vinh! If the lens is removed, do the aux lights look different? Since there's no glass to catch the extra light, do you instead have 4 circles in the optics of glow rather than the whole area?

Agpp

Enlightened
15% throw losses at the lens? Even uncoated shouldn't be that bad. Does the supercharged variant include other mods?

Agpp

Enlightened
Just wondering...would it make sense to do a variant with the other mods and UCL lens? Higher cost and lower preformance than supercharged but better peace of mind.

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
Just wondering...would it make sense to do a variant with the other mods and UCL lens? Higher cost and lower preformance than supercharged but better peace of mind.

U can always have anything u want with an email custom order. This is just for the extreme. I try to limit the number of options on my store from now on to keep things simpler for the general. Just email me to tailor ur light.

Agpp

Enlightened
Actually I already asked Bocian to swap LEDs in mine. TBH I regret it now, I would be happier with extra tuning.

BTW, in theory removal of the lens is not the optimal way of reducing output losses. It should be better to remove AR coating from the inside of the lens and glue it to the TIR with an optical glue that has well matched refractive index.

PMMA-air boundary reflects about 3.7% of light falling perpendicularly on it (and some more at different angles).
PMMA-optical glue-glass reflections should be reducible to as little as 0.1% when done right. Perpendicularly. Even done quite bad it shouldn't exceed 0.5% perpendicularly.
Add to that 0.5% glass-air reflection of a great coating (like UCL) or 1% of a regular one. It's still a win, at least in theory.

Last edited:

Patriot

Flashaholic
Yes, that's a darn pretty light and the color I would get, now that you mention it.

brightnorm

Flashaholic
[SIZE=+1]Vinh,

I just wanted to tell you how happy I am with your D4Svn2. It's everything you claimed, and then some. In terms of focus and brilliance it truly blows away all my other D4S's, including: SST-20 5000K, SST-20 6500K, XP-L HI 6500K, and XP-L HI 5000K. I see those as exceptional general purpose lights, and the vn version as a very impressive reach-out-and-touch spotlight. It has minimal surround at lower levels, but improved at higher levels. In terms of lumens, ceiling bounce tests with fresh Schockli 5700s give the vn[/SIZE][SIZE=+1][SIZE=+1] a small but observable edge over the 5000Ls, and uncertain[/SIZE] results with the 6500Ls, necessitating instrumented measurements for accuracy. I see the "regular" D4S and the D4Svn as two different lights with different strengths and purposes.

You may use these comments if you find them appropriate.

Sincerely,
Brightnorm[/SIZE]

Patriot

Flashaholic
Just received my Cyan D4Svn W2 Supercharged and new Vapcell 5500. I put a charge/discharge/recharge cycle on the new cell and just took it out for a walk. Lately, I've been walking with the E07vn XPL HI 5000, about 75% of the time. It's really bright but only has about 35kcd @30s. This D4SvnS was really an eye opener for me tonight...wow! It's illuminating power line towers quite decently at 300+ yards even around the city lights. I'll have to take it out to a dark area another time but I wouldn't be surprised to see it reaching towers at 450 maybe even 500 yards. I'll likely be able to try that on Wed. night.

I got home and charged the cell back up, even though it was still 4.0V and checked it in the light box. My light box typically reads throwers a little bit low but it gave me 5220L @ turn on! My light tube typically reads throwers a little bit high but gave me 5580L @ turn on! This prompted me to test a reference light afterwards and it was within 20L (1.05%) of where it normally is. Even if this light is ONLY putting out 5300L @ turn on, that's 1325L per LED OTF, which is far above what I expected. This format is obviously benefiting from the cell among other things, as compared to other quad lights.

I haven't done any throw measurements but I couldn't be any happier with a 39mm head doing 118kcd (Vinh's figures) and putting out those kinds of lumens.

Thanks Vinh, for a perfect light!! You're the best!!!

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
Just received my Cyan D4Svn W2 Supercharged and new Vapcell 5500. I put a charge/discharge/recharge cycle on the new cell and just took it out for a walk. Lately, I've been walking with the E07vn XPL HI 5000, about 75% of the time. It's really bright but only has about 35kcd @30s. This D4SvnS was really an eye opener for me tonight...wow! It's illuminating power line towers quite decently at 300+ yards even around the city lights. I'll have to take it out to a dark area another time but I wouldn't be surprised to see it reaching towers at 450 maybe even 500 yards. I'll likely be able to try that on Wed. night.

I got home and charged the cell back up, even though it was still 4.0V and checked it in the light box. My light box typically reads throwers a little bit low but it gave me 5220L @ turn on! My light tube typically reads throwers a little bit high but gave me 5580L @ turn on! This prompted me to test a reference light afterwards and it was within 20L (1.05%) of where it normally is. Even if this light is ONLY putting out 5300L @ turn on, that's 1325L per LED OTF, which is far above what I expected. This format is obviously benefiting from the cell among other things, as compared to other quad lights.

I haven't done any throw measurements but I couldn't be any happier with a 39mm head doing 118kcd (Vinh's figures) and putting out those kinds of lumens.

Thanks Vinh, for a perfect light!! You're the best!!!

I love the E07vn as everyone knows. But now I honestly think D4Svn and MT07vn are all 3 that are right about equally good. The Copper/Brass MT07vn is just a jewel to use and behold. I am excited to see the raw version!

D4Svn V2 would be on anogher level if we also have the copper light engine and ti bezel and body treatment! Same can be said for the MT07vn. I am addicted to the Ti Copper hybrid in terms of looks.

Patriot

Flashaholic
I love the E07vn as everyone knows. But now I honestly think D4Svn and MT07vn are all 3 that are right about equally good. The Copper/Brass MT07vn is just a jewel to use and behold. I am excited to see the raw version!

D4Svn V2 would be on anogher level if we also have the copper light engine and ti bezel and body treatment! Same can be said for the MT07vn. I am addicted to the Ti Copper hybrid in terms of looks.

I'd have to agree about the ti/cu combos. I love the idea of copper light engines but I don't particularly enjoy a full copper, medium sized light, that I'm going to carry/use frequently, due to the weight and susceptibility to dents and scratches. As a shelf light that get used or shown to people occasionally, then I can appreciate a full copper light a little more.

I also like copper and aluminum when there's no ti option. In fact, I was thinking of buying two MT07's, one copper, one AL and combining them into one light with a copper engine. I think the grey, silver and black would all go well with the copper. In any case, if you run into an aluminum MT07 with scratched/damaged fins but everything else is okay, that might be a good opportunity to build a cu/al version with "supercharged" mods, if possible. Who knows, might be able to edge out the D4SvnS 118kcd.

new-b

Newly Enlightened
Just curious...How does this light compare to the[h=1]Olight R50vn Pro?[/h]
Thanks,
Josh