ArmyTek        
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Results 181 to 210 of 211

Thread: Amber HDS?

  1. #181
    Flashaholic*
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Russia
    Posts
    1,241

    Default Re: Amber HDS?

    great beam shots, thank you! now I see why the amber is loved so much by many. sweet tint

  2. #182

    Default Re: Amber HDS?

    Quote Originally Posted by wacbzz View Post
    This amber HDS rotary is the best version out of the ~dozen HDS lights I’ve owned.

    Lovely light indeed, i have amber as well.

  3. #183

    Default Re: Amber HDS?

    Quote Originally Posted by Hogokansatsukan View Post



    If it only kicked out as much heat as a badly engineered overdriven piece of junk light advertised on FaceBook, it would be perfect.



    Seven clicks to Jack-O-Lantern mode?? --Sorry, it's 9 clicks my bad.
    Last edited by boss429; 08-22-2020 at 08:49 PM.

  4. #184

    Default Re: Amber HDS?

    Received my Amber beauty today candle mode quits after 26 minutes and is then just at a low setting.When I click it it goes to a much higher setting is this damaging my lite?

  5. #185
    Flashaholic*
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    2,400

    Default Re: Amber HDS?

    Candle mode is very hard on the battery. Could have something to do with it.
    Big butnotsomuch-burly

  6. #186
    Flashaholic* Nyctophiliac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Buckinghamshire, UK
    Posts
    2,419

    Default Re: Amber HDS?

    Just picked up one of these from knives and tools. Co. UK.

    Simply wonderful. My new edc.

    Also, thanks guys for the nine click "candle" mode. Loved that too.

    I think they still have some in stock atm.

  7. #187
    Flashaholic*
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    In the middle of Europe
    Posts
    1,249

    Default Re: Amber HDS?

    At K&T all Amber Rotaries are gone. My hope is there will be new Amber LED stock soon at HDS. Amber is a great color. My Amber Rotary is really great like this light a lot.
    Still looking for Surefire G2 in Orange.
    If you have one you don't like please PM me.

  8. #188
    Flashaholic* Nyctophiliac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Buckinghamshire, UK
    Posts
    2,419

    Default Re: Amber HDS?

    Quote Originally Posted by WarriorOfLight View Post
    At K&T all Amber Rotaries are gone. My hope is there will be new Amber LED stock soon at HDS. Amber is a great color. My Amber Rotary is really great like this light a lot.

    Ah, yes - they've updated the website. Last night it was still 'in stock'.

    So I got the last one - I notice they are no longer having the Amber led on the HDS website either. I hope it will be back because it really is a comfortable light to use. More than enough light for any task indoors or out, and no scorched retinas when using with dark adapted eyes (Bathroom visits etc).
    Last edited by Nyctophiliac; 09-04-2020 at 03:26 AM.

  9. #189
    Flashaholic* Stoneking's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    556

    Default Amber HDS?

    Quote Originally Posted by Nyctophiliac View Post
    So I got the last one
    Yes you did, so depressed now. I was really hoping to grab one of these. Have a WTB out, but I don’t think anyone wants to sell one.

    Thinking on maybe trading an Amber Rotary for these 18350 battery tubes...
    http://i.imgur.com/NG00Bhx.jpeg
    Not sure I would get one any other way. I’m torn.
    Last edited by Stoneking; 09-04-2020 at 12:11 PM.
    • 2700k 219C HDS Rotary • 3900k HDS Clicky • 4500k 219B HDS (Bare Al) Rotary •
    • 5700k (High Noon) HDS Clicky • 6200k XP-G2 Orange HDS Rotary • Ra-85-Tr •
    • UV 365nm HDS Rotary • FreLux Synergy2 • 4500k XPL RD BOSS •

  10. #190

    Default Re: Amber HDS?

    I'm sure Dan is seeking out an endless supply of Amber LED's as we speak. It will be a Happy Ending....

    Hello, anybody there....?

  11. #191

    Default Re: Amber HDS?

    Quote Originally Posted by Stoneking View Post
    Yes you did, so depressed now. I was really hoping to grab one of these. Have a WTB out, but I don’t think anyone wants to sell one.

    Thinking on maybe trading an Amber Rotary for these 18350 battery tubes...
    http://i.imgur.com/NG00Bhx.jpeg
    Not sure I would get one any other way. I’m torn.
    I'll get some more in. Like anything HDS... just be patient! LOL!
    Thor's Hammer Custom Leather
    HDS Systems Henry's Mini-Me
    I play with dead things

  12. #192

    Default Re: Amber HDS?


    Quote Originally Posted by Hogokansatsukan View Post
    I'll get some more in. Like anything HDS... just be patient! LOL!
    "Open the pod bay doors, please, Hal"

  13. #193

    Default Re: Amber HDS?

    It really is very nice.......... the best thing is the ultra low low..... great nightstand light. Truly is my second favorite light I have. I am fortunate to have a lot of very nice lights, it is really that special. When I travel it always comes along...... Yes, I am a big fan of this LED........ surprised as I got it just for "fun" but it is one of my most used lights late at night when it really counts.

  14. #194
    Flashaholic* Nyctophiliac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Buckinghamshire, UK
    Posts
    2,419

    Default Re: Amber HDS?

    My Amber HDS in a little village in rural Buckinghamshire.
    [IMG]DSC_0490 by Nyctophiliac, on Flickr[/IMG]

    And also on a bike ride break in a nearby wood clearing.
    [IMG]DSC_0484 by Nyctophiliac, on Flickr[/IMG]

    I really, really like this little light.

  15. #195

    Default Re: Amber HDS?

    Great pics with the Amber ( Possibly the best HDS yet) Is that a phone booth in the 1st pic? Looks like Dr. Who would be in there!

  16. #196
    Flashaholic*
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Russia
    Posts
    1,241

    Default Re: Amber HDS?

    what amber led is this one?

  17. #197
    Flashaholic* Nyctophiliac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Buckinghamshire, UK
    Posts
    2,419

    Default Re: Amber HDS?

    Quote Originally Posted by sledhead View Post
    Great pics with the Amber ( Possibly the best HDS yet) Is that a phone booth in the 1st pic? Looks like Dr. Who would be in there!
    Yup, that's an old K6 telephone box - circa 1935 - sadly ornamental only, as is the Post Office.

    Quote Originally Posted by ma tumba View Post
    what amber led is this one?
    Well, I do not really know, just the standard Amber HDS which I got recently from Knivesandtools.co.uk. The order only gives a output of 250mW - no LED type or info. Just to say it is not as deep an amber as Surefire's Aviator. This is not a criticism!

  18. #198
    Flashaholic* wacbzz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    North of the South
    Posts
    1,433

    Default Re: Amber HDS?

    Since my favorite thread was bumped, I went outside and took a simple photo...

    The beauty of Science hugely outranks the charms of superstition

  19. #199

    Default Re: Amber HDS?

    Quote Originally Posted by wacbzz View Post
    Since my favorite thread was bumped, I went outside and took a simple photo...
    That's cool. I'm going to have to take mine on the trail tomorrow morning.
    Thor's Hammer Custom Leather
    HDS Systems Henry's Mini-Me
    I play with dead things

  20. #200
    Flashaholic* Stoneking's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    556

    Default Re: Amber HDS?

    Quote Originally Posted by wacbzz View Post
    Since my favorite thread was bumped, I went outside and took a simple photo...
    Very nice! Not insanely jealous at all.... I swear!
    • 2700k 219C HDS Rotary • 3900k HDS Clicky • 4500k 219B HDS (Bare Al) Rotary •
    • 5700k (High Noon) HDS Clicky • 6200k XP-G2 Orange HDS Rotary • Ra-85-Tr •
    • UV 365nm HDS Rotary • FreLux Synergy2 • 4500k XPL RD BOSS •

  21. #201
    Flashaholic*
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Russia
    Posts
    1,241

    Default Re: Amber HDS?

    actually really this looks like amber. i have tried all amber kinds out of lee filters range nothing looked close to this

  22. #202
    Flashaholic*
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Russia
    Posts
    1,241

    Default Re: Amber HDS?

    hogo, does this led have the blue peak in its spectrum?

  23. #203
    Flashaholic* wacbzz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    North of the South
    Posts
    1,433

    Default Re: Amber HDS?

    Quote Originally Posted by Hogokansatsukan View Post
    That's cool. I'm going to have to take mine on the trail tomorrow morning.
    I wonder what a scorpion looks like with the amber light...? Perhaps much darker than normal? While looking for that very thing on google (scorpions and amber light), I came across this very informative paper from 2011...

    http://www.bio.miami.edu/dana/dox/gaffin_scorpion.pdf

    Take your green HDS too Hogo.
    The beauty of Science hugely outranks the charms of superstition

  24. #204

    Default Re: Amber HDS?

    Quote Originally Posted by wacbzz View Post
    I wonder what a scorpion looks like with the amber light...? Perhaps much darker than normal? While looking for that very thing on google (scorpions and amber light), I came across this very informative paper from 2011...

    http://www.bio.miami.edu/dana/dox/gaffin_scorpion.pdf

    Take your green HDS too Hogo.
    Interesting article. I hunt those little lobsters every night in the backyard. It lets me know when I have to go all Saddam Hussein on them and get out the chemical weapons. Haven't had to spray this year, but I often kill 1-3 a night out there. I did notice that some will run as I approach with the UV light... it is like... they know...

    Pulled out the case of mono chromatics (my UV is an 18650 so not included). I'll take the case and see if I can do any decent photos.

    Thor's Hammer Custom Leather
    HDS Systems Henry's Mini-Me
    I play with dead things

  25. #205
    Flashaholic*
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    In the middle of Europe
    Posts
    1,249

    Default Re: Amber HDS?

    Quote Originally Posted by ma tumba View Post
    hogo, does this led have the blue peak in its spectrum?
    I don't think that the Amber LED has a blue peak in the spectrum. Also Red and Green should not have this peak.

    It is not possible to load the HDS GTID Reflectors with the Red, Green and Amber HDS, but with the Blue HDS it loads the GTID stuff perfectly. Monocromatic LEDs are emitting the particular light color directly when the electrons are passing the p-n junction in the diode.

    At all all monocromatic LEDs should not have a peak in a different area of the spectrum. There is only one peak, on the particular color.

    The reason why all (or better most) white LEDs have a peak at blue is that the white LEDs are basically blue LEDs that have additionally an fluorescent material on the chip that results white light. The white color depends on this fluorescent material.
    Still looking for Surefire G2 in Orange.
    If you have one you don't like please PM me.

  26. #206
    Flashaholic*
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Russia
    Posts
    1,241

    Default Re: Amber HDS?

    Quote Originally Posted by WarriorOfLight View Post
    I don't think that the Amber LED has a blue peak in the spectrum. Also Red and Green should not have this peak.

    It is not possible to load the HDS GTID Reflectors with the Red, Green and Amber HDS, but with the Blue HDS it loads the GTID stuff perfectly. Monocromatic LEDs are emitting the particular light color directly when the electrons are passing the p-n junction in the diode.

    At all all monocromatic LEDs should not have a peak in a different area of the spectrum. There is only one peak, on the particular color.

    The reason why all (or better most) white LEDs have a peak at blue is that the white LEDs are basically blue LEDs that have additionally an fluorescent material on the chip that results white light. The white color depends on this fluorescent material.
    I agree about the red, blue, etc monochromatic LEDs but amber is not monochromatic, rather it has quite a broad spectrum from 500 to 750nm, so I suppose amber leds may operate on the same principle as the white ones

  27. #207
    Flashaholic*
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    In the middle of Europe
    Posts
    1,249

    Default Re: Amber HDS?

    Quote Originally Posted by ma tumba View Post
    I agree about the red, blue, etc monochromatic LEDs but amber is not monochromatic, rather it has quite a broad spectrum from 500 to 750nm, so I suppose amber leds may operate on the same principle as the white ones
    Amber is at ~560nm to 590nm more or less (depending on LED and the color of the amber):
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Light#...M_spectrum.svg
    (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Light)

    Also the color we name here "Amber" is monochromatic light.

    Here an example source of colored XP-G LEDs:
    https://www.ledsupply.com/leds/cree-...power-led-star

    Scroll down to "Technical Specification". You will find for "PC Amber" and "Amber" wavelength in my spectrum I told you above.

    My guess is that the Amber of the HDS is around 580-590nm since it is "deep" Amber.

    Btw: The spectrum you stated 500 - 750nm excludes blue. Blue is below 500nm. You spectrum is from green over yellow, amber / orange to red. Infrared is starting at ~700nm...
    Last edited by WarriorOfLight; 09-23-2020 at 12:01 AM.
    Still looking for Surefire G2 in Orange.
    If you have one you don't like please PM me.

  28. #208

    Default Re: Amber HDS?

    Quote Originally Posted by Hogokansatsukan View Post
    We are going to do a small run of amber. These will be very ambery amber. The mostest amberist of the amber lights.
    590-595nm. Not yellow, nor corn, nor canary, nor banana, nor blond but deep amber. If amber was a 10, these will be 11. One could ask how much more amber these will be and the answer is none. None more amber. If it were any more amber, they would be orange..
    Ummm. From July 14th, 2019.
    No blue peak. Monochromatic.
    Thor's Hammer Custom Leather
    HDS Systems Henry's Mini-Me
    I play with dead things

  29. #209
    Flashaholic*
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Russia
    Posts
    1,241

    Default Re: Amber HDS?

    Quote Originally Posted by Hogokansatsukan View Post
    Ummm. From July 14th, 2019.
    No blue peak. Monochromatic.
    Thanks!

  30. #210

    Default Re: Amber HDS?

    Quote Originally Posted by wacbzz View Post
    I wonder what a scorpion looks like with the amber light...? Perhaps much darker than normal? While looking for that very thing on google (scorpions and amber light), I came across this very informative paper from 2011...

    http://www.bio.miami.edu/dana/dox/gaffin_scorpion.pdf

    Take your green HDS too Hogo.
    Took them all this morning and have some good beam shots with all the monochromatic except the UV... didn't bother with that one. I'll try to get them posted later today in their own thread. I was delayed by a little wizard in the path yelling "You Shall NOT PASS!" but this is Arizona and one simple doesn't block free travel on a roadway no matter what one's issue is...

    Thor's Hammer Custom Leather
    HDS Systems Henry's Mini-Me
    I play with dead things

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •