The Fenix-Store        
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Amber HDS?

Default Re: Amber HDS?

Does anybody have a pic how the emitter looks

Presto!

Tx! Just picked mine up today and it has some kind of paste/epoxy around the emitter. Have never seen it before at a HDS. Will share a pic asap

Mine has some paste around the emitter, mostly on one side. Looks like it hasnít hardened yet.
    Last edited by TomK85; 02-19-2020 at 05:19 PM.

Thermal paste. Just leave it there.
    Thor's Hammer Custom Leather
    HDS Systems Henry's Mini-Me
    I play with dead things

Quote Originally Posted by Hogokansatsukan View Post
    Thermal paste. Just leave it there.
    I will! Wonít touch it. Was just wondering why I have never seen it before. Will it eventually harden?

Quote Originally Posted by TomK85 View Post
    I will! Wonít touch it. Was just wondering why I have never seen it before. Will it eventually harden?
    Its normal. Itís in all of my new lights including the TI clicky I just had upgraded. It looks wet but hard as far as I can tell though I donít really mess around in there.

Thatís what she said

In a normal reflector...

I may have to order a second....
    Attached Images Attached Images

Flashaholic*

That is my Amber LED. I forgot to switch my HDS off
    Still looking for Surefire G2 in Orange.
    If you have one you don't like please PM me.

Thanks! They all look different! Had the same Ďproblemí with my Amber. Forgot to turn it off 😂

Lol warrior of light. As soon as I read you posted that you forgot to turn off your amber light , instinctively I put my finger over the picture you posted of the led as to shield it from outside light to check if it was lit. Totally forgot it was a picture

Flashaholic*

Quote Originally Posted by Rstype View Post
    Lol warrior of light. ...Totally forgot it was a picture

The HDS was on the minimum level when I took this picture. The overall light condition was not that good anymore. It was very early afternoon when I took this picture.
    I have a very good camera with lenses but I do not have professional equipment to light up stuff taking pictures of things that were light up perfectly...
    The reason why I "forgot" to switch my HDS off is because the LED itself could be also the red LED. Red and Amber looks more or less the same. When I have time I may take a compare shot!?

Just took a quick walk with my Amber. It's amazing! Clearly see things better compared with my Hyper Red. Really easy on the eyes. And it still throws decent. For now, it's a keeper.

Flashaholic*

The Amber HDS is for ne a must have. The night adaption is fair so far and the nice amber color is really adorable.

A few minutes ago I checked out Knives and Tools. They have UV and Amber Rotaries in stock. It Looks like they are really reading my "stalking emails" with information about new available HDS products.
    My current plan it that they add the 2xAA and 18650 tubes to their product lineup. Guess I need to weite some additional emails to tell the this tubes are really cool

Quote Originally Posted by WarriorOfLight View Post
    The Amber HDS is for ne a must have. The night adaption is fair so far and the nice amber color is really adorable.

A few minutes ago I checked out Knives and Tools. They have UV and Amber Rotaries in stock. It Looks like they are really reading my "stalking emails" with information about new available HDS products.
    My current plan it that they add the 2xAA and 18650 tubes to their product lineup. Guess I need to weite some additional emails to tell the this tubes are really cool
    AA tubes.. yes please! I ordered my Amber at them. The UV is cool, but I've no use for it.

Just noticed they only have one in stock atm. They had 3 Friday night. So for people in the EU, be quick!

Flashaholic*

Quote Originally Posted by kj2 View Post
    AA tubes.. yes please!
    Than you should also start writing them nice emails:
    https://www.knivesandtools.de/de/ct/....htm#impressum

It is like I said. Sometimes it works sometimes it does not worked! I wrote them a lot "notification emails" regarding new limited LED options in the past. Mostly it was working. My last email was regarding UV and Amber
    My last email was the idea on adding 18650 and 2xAA battery compartments since most of the lights only have CR123 compartment.

We will see if it works

It is like I said. Sometimes it works sometimes it does not worked! I wrote them a lot "notification emails" regarding new limited LED options in the past. Mostly it was working. My last email was regarding UV and Amber
    My last email was the idea on adding 18650 and 2xAA battery compartments since most of the lights only have CR123 compartment.

We will see if it works
    Just be able to buy spare 18650 and AA tubes would be nice. Don't need a whole new light, just the battery tube. I'm certain that they keep an eye on this forum.

Flashaholic*

Quote Originally Posted by kj2 View Post
    Just be able to buy spare 18650 and AA tubes would be nice. Don't need a whole new light, just the battery tube. I'm certain that they keep an eye on this forum.
    I really guess most of the stuff that is now available @K&T is because I am stalking them in a very friendly way.

Important in the emails it is more like "A nice extension of yourHDS product lineup could be ...." or "There is a new limited LED option ... available @HDS".

I found out if I write "I'd be interested in the product.... " than I mostly get a response that no special orders for persons will be taken. Therefore I try the "This would be a nice addition for your current HDS lineup..." way.

I don't expect K&T is reading CPF or different flashlight forums. They have too much differrent products that are not flashlight related. They try to find some products other do not have...

I really guess most of the stuff that is now available @K&T is because I am stalking them in a very friendly way.

Important in the emails it is more like "A nice extension of yourHDS product lineup could be ...." or "There is a new limited LED option ... available @HDS".

I found out if I write "I'd be interested in the product.... " than I mostly get a response that no special orders for persons will be taken. Therefore I try the "This would be a nice addition for your current HDS lineup..." way.

I don't expect K&T is reading CPF or different flashlight forums. They have too much differrent products that are not flashlight related. They try to find some products other do not have...
    They actually do. I live 5 min away from them and visit them frequently. On my advice they ordered some executive tail caps (with raised and flush button). They also read the german tasschenlamp forum. They are really great guys with a top notch customer service.

FYI, the Amber has sold out at Knives&Tools

Flashaholic*

They actually do. I live 5 min away from them and visit them frequently. On my advice they ordered some executive tail caps (with raised and flush button).

I hope they will add the 2xAA and 18650 tubes to their lineup. That would be great

They also read the german tasschenlamp forum.
    At least for HDS and also Surefire the Taschenlampen Forum is not really helpful. This forum is more the German BLF. But the good quality posts are missing. Therefore I am not a membere there. It is waste of time to ne. But sometimes I read there. At least there are a few people that own a HDS and are not complaining the HDS light are too expensive and not bricht enough...

I am always checking K&T out if they have something new from HDS or Surefire, or maybe a nice knife...

We will see if it works
    Funny - I am also writing them and periodically ask, if I can buy special HDS products via their webstore. 18650 are confirmed, I don't know when thouhg. SS40 took roughly 8 weeks from confirmation until appearance online at K&T.

Flashaholic*

Quote Originally Posted by K-T View Post
    Funny - I am also writing them and periodically ask, if I can buy special HDS products via their webstore. 18650 are confirmed, I don't know when thouhg. SS40 took roughly 8 weeks from confirmation until appearance online at K&T.
    I do this writings / notifications since a longer time. My hope was always they enhance the HDS product lineup. I send a notification for all new limited LED options. A few of this lights were reaching K&T at least. Therefore it is a success ,and the listed the limited HDS lights.
    Good to hear the 18650 tube is coming. I also hope they at least try the 2xAA option and see how it sells.
    Basically K&T is the only shop offering HDS since ~1 year. Neolumens in France gave up regarding HDS. At least it looks this way. They only have some accessory left with special prices. Therefore my guess that the will not have and new HDS products anymore.

At all I have the feeling the HDS items are selling not that bad @K&T. Therefore my hope is they even try the more expensive accessory like the battery tubes.

When I was in direct contact regarding a particular HDS product K&T told me they do not order a specific item for a single customer only. That I may check out the shop once in a while to see if the item is listed in the store or not. But I think it is good that customers are asking for specific HDS items, than K&T sees that there is kind of interest on stuff they (currently) have not in the shop.
    Last edited by WarriorOfLight; 02-26-2020 at 12:45 AM.

Amber next to a Hyper Red

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345