Amber HDS?

Hogokansatsukan

Flashlight Enthusiast
Someone suggested in another thread about an amber emitter for an HDS...
Is this something others are interested in?

mckeand13

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have no intentions of taking this off the true intent of gauging interest, but what applications are there for an amber emitter? Is it "really good" at something in particular, or only interesting?

Last edited:

Hogokansatsukan

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have no intentions of taking this off the true interest in gauging interest, but what applications are there for an amber emitter? Is it "really good" at something in particular, or only interesting?

Hiding puppy pee stains on white carpeting...
I don't know. Someone mentioned it before and while I like to pretend not to listen to people, I do in fact listen and try to make things happen when there is interest. Just seeing if there is enough interest to warrant a small run. That and I like having a bunch of options on the Custom Page.

https://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/showthread.php?277430-What-is-amber-LED-for

Last edited:

calypso699

Newly Enlightened
I have no intentions of taking this off the true intent of gauging interest, but what applications are there for an amber emitter? Is it "really good" at something in particular, or only interesting?

I guess it cuts through fog and smoke better than other emitters.

CRKDMike

Enlightened
It is much easier on the eyes once they are dark adapted. I use my warmest light around the house at night with my kids, changing diapers at 3 a.m. etc. It is more pleasant on the eyes

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hogokansatsukan

Flashlight Enthusiast
We are going to do a small run of amber. These will be very ambery amber. The mostest amberist of the amber lights.
590-595nm. Not yellow, nor corn, nor canary, nor banana, nor blond but deep amber. If amber was a 10, these will be 11. One could ask how much more amber these will be and the answer is none. None more amber. If it were any more amber, they would be orange.

Currently, a Henry two weeks as I'm not entirely sure how long this is going to take.

Yep. Hogo wants to play with one.

aginthelaw

Flashlight Enthusiast
CRKDMike sez it makes changing diapers more pleasant...you couldn't come up with this when my kids were born?

CRKDMike

Enlightened
We are going to do a small run of amber. These will be very ambery amber. The mostest amberist of the amber lights.
590-595nm. Not yellow, nor corn, nor canary, nor banana, nor blond but deep amber. If amber was a 10, these will be 11. One could ask how much more amber these will be and the answer is none. None more amber. If it were any more amber, they would be orange.

Currently, a Henry two weeks as I'm not entirely sure how long this is going to take.

Yep. Hogo wants to play with one.

Woohoo! Would we just keep checking in here to know when we can place an order?

WarriorOfLight

Flashlight Enthusiast
Guess I was the person with the idea of an Amber HDS. :D The reason for Amber light is in foggy / steamy / smoky environment amber light is much better than white one. Also like someone else already said, the night adaption will be more or less preserved.

I have a Surefire Aviator in Amber, and I like this Amber version, but sometimes the fixed low is too low and the fixed high is too high. Therefore an Rotrary with Amber LED would be the perfect light, at least to me :)

kj2

Flashaholic
Thought it would be easy, to have a list to check interest in the amber HDS. Still unknown when this will happen, but a list gives an indication how much demand there is.

1: WarriorOfLight
2: CRKDMike
3: AndyF
4: TheJlew85
5: kj2
6: Hogo
7: Jkolmo
8: Calypso699
9:
10:

Last edited:

Hogokansatsukan

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thought it would be easy, to have a list to check interest in the amber HDS. Still unknown when this will happen, but a list gives an indication how much demand there is.

1: WarriorOfLight
2: CRKDMike
3: AndyF
4: TheJlew85
5: kj2
6: Hogo
7: Hogo
8: Hogo
9: Hogo
10: Hogo

I really want one so... making it happen. I'm thinking it will make a great camping light and perhaps attract less insects than a white light and I should be able to see a little better than when using the Dark Adaption Red. Same for hiking at night. For for the desert, there sure are a lot of flying critters around here.

JKolmo

Enlightened
Well it attracts me. I will get one. For sure.[emoji91][emoji3082][emoji3074][emoji106]

nbp

Flashaholic
The secondary emitter on my BOSS is amber, and I find I prefer it to red for the times when i want non-white. Red kinda makes my eyes feel fuzzy and blurry. The amber less so. If you're not crazy about red light but want something different than white you may like amber. Just my perspective. :)

Cerealand

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have a HDS light that was modded with the Hyper Red Led. Sometimes the hyper red is scary to use in the middle of the night after I watch a horror movie.:(

It reminds me of the scary atmosphere from those type of movies. Amber may not be as scary. Chicken....

Those are the times I go full blast with max on the HDS or Malkoff Wildcat. No more night adapted eyes.:candle:

Last edited: