Quark QSL-X

sween1911

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hey guys,

When I see some obscure light on ebay that says "4sevens" I buy it!

Um. I got a QSL-X. Uh, how do ya work it? I have an iphone but can't find an app in the app store that looks like it's related unless I'm not using the right search parameters.

Can I change any settings with the app? All it does is blink when I hit the tailcap a few times.

id30209

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've got one to [emoji2956] Congrats Joe![emoji481][emoji481]
And i found info how to manualy program it somewhere here on CPF but lost it now.
I'm sure CG will chime in.

Sent from Tapatalk

Well, CRAP! The app is not currently being offered on Apple. Perhaps Jason or Got Lumens? will shed some light on if it'll be offered in the future.

Until then - Try this great source for non-app users. - #805

Blades

Flashlight Enthusiast
This is what I've got, don't remember from whom:
"Foursevens Quark Smart QSL-X

Entering programming mode:
- From off, five-click side switch (red led should blink 5 times)

While in programming mode:
- Switching mode tables. Each single-click of the tail switch will go to the next mode table. The number of red blinks after each single-click signifies what table is currently selected. The choices are below.
1: High
2: High, Low
3: High, Strobe
4: Low, Medium, High, Strobe
5: (default) Moon, Low, Medium, High, SOS, Strobe, Beacon high, Beacon Low
- Switching user interfaces. Each double-click of the tail switch will go to the next UI. The number of red blinks after each double-click signifies what UI is currently selected, as follows.
1: Pro
2: Tactical
3: Infinite

Exiting programming mode and saving:
- Single-click side switch (red led will blink once)

Double-click+hold (i.e. hold on third click) while ON in strobe will cycle through different frequencies. IIRC, the slowest is 1Hz. Quad-click while ON in strobe will return the frequency back to default

Ok so in Tactical:

-Double click side from off goes to strobe.
-Press hold side from off cycles through 4 main modes.
-Click on, then quickly double click side cycles through all modes including beacons.
-Click on, then wait, then double click side starts over in moonlight and cycles through all modes including beacons.
-Tail button is momentary in last used mode.
-Click tail button or side button while on to shut off."

Bummer to hear the app has been removed. I wonder if a new one is coming?

sween1911

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks for the programming guide! It would have been cool to try it with the app.

Is it normal to feel like you really have to mash the tailcap to activate tactical momentary?

sween1911

Flashlight Enthusiast
WHOA... the tolerance is so tight that an RCR123 fits perfectly, buttery perfect tactical momentary with the end-button.

A CR123 requires a far-too-hard press for the little dingus in the tailcap to hit the back of the battery. Weird.

xml

Newly Enlightened
Maybe I missed news of it somewhere, but I checked the App Store just recently and found the Foursevens app there after a long hiatus. Needless to say I was stoked!!! Download it now to all of your apple devices while it is still available—the way apps work nowadays, even if you have a backup of your device and do a restore, you won't be able to get your apps back unless they are currently available for download on the App Store. Many thanks to whomever made this happen! 😎

Arick

Newly Enlightened
That's great news I just got a NOS Quark unfortunately I'm on Android but there is a program I can download on my phone that will allow me to use ios apps. If somebody could download the actual Quark app and put up a download link that's probably the only way I can get it on my phone. Maybe I should make a separate post asking for help.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk