How many batteries you have and how much they did cost?

satelite

Newly Enlightened
I just calculated how much nimh batteries i have.

196 ikea Laddas and cost is just shy of 350€

And 4 eneloop pro + 8 1gen eneloop + 4 4gen eneloop. Dont know their cost, dont remember the price when i buyed them.

Thats a big money for batteries. But they are good investment becouse no damaged equipment costs caused by battery leaks and they can be used multiple times if you compare alcaline/lithium that can be used only once.

My chargers is about 200-300€ range.

What kind of hardware and estimated costs you have?

satelite

Newly Enlightened
Nice try, Mr. Financial Advisor.
Just found 2 flashlights destroyed by leaked alcalines. Long storage and forgot to remove batterys. Thats a goodbye for 100€ for replacement costs. Think this. With nimh this usually doesnt happen.

Search

Flashlight Enthusiast
Last time I looked around 350 Surefire primaries. And two Samsung 3400mah 18560s :shrug:

I'd do the math but somethings are better left to mystery (for my own sake).

satelite

Newly Enlightened
Just buyed more laddas, now total is 232 ikea cells. About 406€. Yes, allmost every cell is in use. I have lots of AA/AAA battery equipment. Atm i have about 40 cells reserve in storage box so if some device cells needs charging i but fresh cells in device and but drained ones to charger. After they are fully charged i but those in my storage box to wait next use.

I have planned to use rechargeable batteries everything where i can use them. I replaced C/D batteries with AA/AAA Laddas with adapters (C is 4 AAA and D 3 AA) atm only non rechargeable batterys at my devices are watch batteries, 9V (rechargeable nimh versions have too low capacity and in my mind lithium rechargeable are too fire risky) and smoke alarm batteries. In smoke alarms i tried nimh but they started chirping after 2 weeks so i use varta lithium in them and 9V i use cheap 800mAh lithium (they dont leak like alcaline batterys.) My devices that uses 9V are very expensive so i dont want alcaleaks to destroy them.