Can't get batteries out

JerryLine

Newly Enlightened
I have a Thrunite Archer 2A V3 flashlight. The batteries are dead & they won't come out of the flashlight. Anybody have any ideas? Can you take the flashlight apart?

Modernflame

Flashlight Enthusiast
If they are alkaline batteries, they have likely expanded and leaked. I would shoot a screw into the negative terminal of the battery and pull it out with pliers. Have no fear. That dead alkaline battery will lie down and take it like a punk. You may have to repeat for the second battery. Once they have been removed, you may or may not have to deal with the fallout of leakage.

If the batteries are of some other chemistry, please disregard this suggestion.

Zak

Enlightened
And don't use alkalines anymore. NiMH is not only more performant and more cost-effective in the long-run, it won't leak in your light. If you must use alkalines temporarily in an emergency, take them out when the light is not in use.

Another option may be to remove the head and the tailcap and use a dowel to drive the batteries out. A bit of looking suggests there may be threadlocker holding the head on, so a bit of heat and a strap wrench or some such may be required to get it off, but it does unscrew from the battery tube. Vinegar may help in the cleanup.

Lynx_Arc

Flashaholic
I threw away a 2AA minimag that had leakalines in it after I spent several hours trying to get the batteries out. My advice is if you know what brand of batteries are in it check the warranty and if they have a warranty contact the battery maker and get your light replaced if they will do it.

Str8stroke

Flashlight Enthusiast
I threw away a 2AA minimag that had leakalines in it after I spent several hours trying to get the batteries out. My advice is if you know what brand of batteries are in it check the warranty and if they have a warranty contact the battery maker and get your light replaced if they will do it.

Second that!

"If they are alkaline batteries, they have likely expanded and leaked. I would shoot a screw into the negative terminal of the battery and pull it out with pliers. Have no fear. That dead alkaline battery will lie down and take it like a punk. You may have to repeat for the second battery. Once they have been removed, you may or may not have to deal with the fallout of leakage.

If the batteries are of some other chemistry, please disregard this suggestion."

Third that!

I also suggest taking a few pics to go with your complaint. For future ref, I suggest trying to mechanically lock out all electronics using Alks.

alpg88

Flashlight Enthusiast
the head is glued in, you need a couple of strong strap wrenches, or good padding a 2 wise grips, you can try heating it as well, in some cases it helps.

Lynx_Arc

Flashaholic
Second that!

"If they are alkaline batteries, they have likely expanded and leaked. I would shoot a screw into the negative terminal of the battery and pull it out with pliers. Have no fear. That dead alkaline battery will lie down and take it like a punk. You may have to repeat for the second battery. Once they have been removed, you may or may not have to deal with the fallout of leakage.

If the batteries are of some other chemistry, please disregard this suggestion."

Third that!

I also suggest taking a few pics to go with your complaint. For future ref, I suggest trying to mechanically lock out all electronics using Alks.

I tried the screw bit.... and pulled the bottom of the battery off and then tried using needle nose pliers to pull the sides of the battery out and got nowhere. If the battery has leaked recently you may have luck getting it to budge but if it has been a long time sitting about the only option is pounding it out from the other end or milling it out and most of us done have the equipment to mill out a battery nor the patience. All in all even after you get the batteries out they may have leaked into the circuitry of the light itself and ruined it.