Recommend a good reliable one?!

Mr. Flashlight

Newly Enlightened
Currently looking to buy a "good, reliable, durable" LED cap attachment flashlight.

I purchased what I felt was a good one from our local True Value hardware store a few months ago. It is the type that is slightly curved in design that has (or had) two plastic clips to clip on to the caps front visor, and runs on three AAA batteries and has an LED bar light fixture.

It really wasn't exactly the exact type/style for a cap, that I was looking for but at the time that I needed one that was all the hardware store had also I was in a time constraint situation and needed something that allowed for hands free movement, etc. (I live in small country town and that is the nearest hardware store around for miles).

Anyway, really don't know the name of the clip on cap visor's flashlight but it was made in China.

Well months later I grabbed the cap that had the clip on flashlight to use and well as soon as I put the cap on an attempted to turn on the flashlight it fell completely off! No kidding here!

The two "plastic clips" that attached to the flashlight completely broke off! Tried salvaging the flashlights usefulness by gluing the clips back on but without success.

I was taken aback by this and just was stunned to say the least! The flashlight itself works fine, turns on and off, etc. but it is really no longer useful for what it was intended to use for? Make sense?!

This is why now I asking for members help here to suggest, recommend, etc. so now I am looking for a good reliable replacement that I could purchase but do have two main requirements for it.

1.) The flashlight must have metal clips

2.) The flashlight must be durable and reliable.

Believe me I've tried searching the web but really can't find anything with positive reviews to actually make a decision.

Thanks in advance for any an all suggestions.

Last edited:

Lynx_Arc

Flashaholic
Good luck with that effort. I was once interested in clip lights and found the only one that was interesting was a 2AAA Energizer model. I recommend considering a 1AAA LED flashlight with a decent clip on it that has a decent cree or similar emitter and multiple modes as most of the clip lights I've seen have lower power LEDs like 5mm or chips and are rather underwhelming in performance.

jon_slider

Flashlight Enthusiast
I suggest the Klarus Mi1c High CRI
It has a metal hat clip.
And it comes w a USB rechargeable battery.

no need to buy a charger, no need to buy multiple disposable batteries

Last edited:

LeanBurn

Flashlight Enthusiast
If we are going down that route, I use my Thrunite TiS (1AAA) clipped to my baseball cap many times when I don't have a headlamp handy. It works well with 120L for 50 yards, also has medium and firefly for close up work. Mr. Flashlight you will find more success attaching a small reliable light to the brim of your hat than any of those box retail brim hat numbers and (as you have found) they are somewhat of a feeble one trick pony in comparison. Also in pursuing a small light with a clip (single AAA or CR123) flashlight option you will find you have a plethora of choices as opposed to 1 sub par choice.