Lumintop Fw3

trailhunter

Flashlight Enthusiast
A lot of problems but easily remediated

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

staticx57

Flashlight Enthusiast
Most common problems are:
1. most early releases are made for modders and thus no part is glued. Opening from the tail will often spill its guts and you need to know how it is assembled to put it together. Easy fix...open the head side.
2. Related to 1. Even if the tailcap isnt opened it has a tendancy to be loose form the factory...tighten it
3. misaligned driver...loosen driver retaining ring and reseat driver
4. inner signal tube not aligned with driver. disassemble and reassemble from head back

boo5ted

Enlightened
I've got the aluminum and Titanium versions and only issue I've had was the tail cap wasn't tightened all the way from the factory. Once tightened properly I've had zero issues with them. In fact, I carry the Ti version everyday.

ncvarmint2016

Enlightened
I have an aluminum one and the copper one and when i do carry them clipped to my pants pocket they always end up turning on in my pocket. Any fix for that? I guess where the switch button is not recessed in enough

boo5ted

Enlightened
I have an aluminum one and the copper one and when i do carry them clipped to my pants pocket they always end up turning on in my pocket. Any fix for that? I guess where the switch button is not recessed in enough

It's really not recessed enough at all. I always lock it out(four clicks) when I'm not using it and never had an issue with it turning on accidently.

cturtle

Newly Enlightened
I too usually use the 4 click method. I have found though, that a quarter turn of the head will prevent accidental lighting.

TIP AND RING

Enlightened
The only problems I've experienced is that I can't stop finding new things to like about it. Big disclaimer is... it's not a regular Joe instrument.
The new 18350 tubes DO allow the use of CR123 primary batteries. I was wondering what the " shorty " version vaguely reminded me of. It is the venerable Arc LS, IMO.

euroken

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just used it as my primary last night trick'r'treatin'.

It was fantastic. Left it on ~200 lm all evening and than let the lumens loose occasionally to direct traffic or light up yards to see...came back about two hours later without any issues.

Really happy with the light. I put it away with 4 click lock out every time I put it down. Takes no time to take it out of the lockout.

No complaints on my end.