N6HcBPLl.jpg

dynamic duo
zHvTLcUl.jpg

fun w Trits
zuC8Hikl.jpg

myORAaOl.jpg

E21a 3500k makes Red Pop!
Vyy5gIml.png

V10r Ti w E21a 3500k: Max is 220 lumens, min is 0.01 lumens.. pretty perfect for my EDC.

jon_slider

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks
I have great respect for your knowledge and experience.

learning to mod has really opened up my options...
fun times!

troutpool

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have a V10R Ti modded by Vinh to Nichia 219B several years ago. I added diffusion film to the lens, and it has been a favorite light. Going to carry it today.

jon_slider

Flashlight Enthusiast
Amazing photos and info! As always[emoji1690]
thanks!:)

I have a V10R Ti modded by Vinh to Nichia 219B several years ago. I added diffusion film to the lens, and it has been a favorite light. Going to carry it today.

congrats, they are very nice lights.

curious what made you add diffusion?

I really like the tight hotspot..

jon_slider

Flashlight Enthusiast
That's awesome!

thanks for taking the time to post encouraging words
This is by far my fanciest light and the E21a 3500k is my new main squeeze, displacing my sw45k

To improve the beam I raised the LED board with 4 layers of 0.1mm thermal tape, added some kaptan tape to protect the solder joints, and deleted the stock centering ring. So atm I have no automatic centering, though the beam is still fantastic.

Thought the beam is really really good now, Im not yet satisfied with my centering of the LED, for cosmetic purposes when looking into the reflector. (does not affect actual function)
qF4HGssl.jpg

The E21a 3500k has the best red rendering of any LED I own, including 219b 3500k 9080, sw45k, and 219b 3000k 9050, and 219c 3000k 9050.

For me, no matter how nice a light is, ultimately the LED is what makes me choose what I carry.

This light has my first tritiums, they are fun, and very bright. The trits are easily visible when using the light on its lowest level of 0.01 lumens, but I can cover the tailcap with my thumb if I dont want to see the trits when using the light. The trits are also bright enough to spot the light easily on my nightstand, which is what I wanted. I think I would be just as happy with another color, of lower brightness, such as the Aqua.. Trits are a whole new way to spend money.. lol!

enjoy your lights!

Last edited:

jon_slider

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just received a V10r Ti+, shown w AA extender for size comparison to a V10r Ti and TCR-1
e1NLVhwl.jpg

l-r 6000k XM-L2, 3500k e21a, sw45k
V5eF8x2l.jpg

the two Sunwayman beam shapes
(two separate pics, not white balance matched, so ignore the color differences)
sGSLqzUl.jpg

FrA7HUGl.jpg

ven

Flashaholic
Very nice trio Jon, beautiful lights. I hope your good my far away friend and life treating you well. Seasons greetings and a hi cri new year to you.

jon_slider

Flashlight Enthusiast
Very nice trio Jon, beautiful lights. I hope your good my far away friend and life treating you well. Seasons greetings and a hi cri new year to you.

thank you!

ZKXiVxxl.jpg

I feel blessed with good friends and good fortunes

wishing you same
Merry Xmas! :)
HdOU2Tel.jpg

Last edited: