Galvatron M60 vs Malkoff Houndog. How do they compare?

RCRVRP

Newly Enlightened
I have a hound dog and it is a very good flashlight.
I need another light. I saw an add on the net for a Galvatron M60 at a much lower price than the Malkoff lights.

does anyone here have first hand experience with the Galvatron lights?
Thanks.

Random Dan

Flashlight Enthusiast
Never heard of galvatron before so I just did a quick search. Don't know much about it but anyone still using a high/med/low/strobe/sos driver these days is suspect IMO. Especially at that price point.

fresh eddie fresh

Enlightened
For around the same amount of money as the Galvatron you could get a Surefire host with a Malkoff drop-in.

archimedes

Flashaholic
Although most of the results from a search appear to reference a Transformer (lol) ... I think I finally found the sales site.

The item listings are a little light on specifications, but if I'm reading this right, these are 3xAAA / 18650 "zoomies" ?

They appear to be online retail only, based in midtown Manhattan, but I can't easily find any note on their site as to where these are being manufactured.

Warranty policy doesn't seem clear to me either.

So, not seeing anything special here :shrug:

Last edited:

Random Dan

Flashlight Enthusiast
To be clear, there are a lot of very good lights out there that are less expensive than Malkoff. From a cursory glance I see no evidence that the galvatron is one of them, and several indicators that it isn't.

If you're looking for a new light I'd recommend jotting down a list of the features you're looking for and visiting the "recommend me a light" subforum.

Latest posts