The Fenix-Store        
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Martini Time...

Default Re: Martini Time...

Quote Originally Posted by raggie33 View Post
    whats a decent budget cigar? ive only had swisher sweets i liked them fine. but i like to try new things. ...
    Do you like a mild or more robust flavor?
    Stuart

Quote Originally Posted by StuGatz View Post
    Do you like a mild or more robust flavor?
    not realy sure ive only had swisher sweets. so ill say is there a middle ground. ive heard good things about cuban cigars. things i want to try is kobe beef a good cigar and a real corned beef sandwich from a good jewish deli
    LED's have gotten too bright in our stuff. Many nights I'm awakened by my modem lights blinking.had help with my sig thank you for your help.

whats a decent budget cigar? ive only had swisher sweets i liked them fine. but i like to try new things. ....
    If you have a local tobacconist shop drop in and talk with the proprietor. I travel a little here and there and have found almost everywhere they are usually very personable, quite decent, and should be able to assist with recommendations. A good tobacconist will be happy to introduce a new customer to the details. You should be able to find something to please your palette and well within your budget.

The larger and more well stocked humidors the better to choose from. Initially, I would recommend against the little humidors at restaurants or retail stores because there will probably be less varied selections and cost. I would avoid one of those mall style cigarette stores altogether unless they have a large walk in humidor. Best to visit a full service and committed cigar and pipe tobacconist if one is open in your area.

Best of luck to you.
    Stuart

If you have a local tobacconist shop drop in and talk with the proprietor. I travel a little here and there and have found almost everywhere they are usually very personable, quite decent, and should be able to assist with recommendations. A good tobacconist will be happy to introduce a new customer to the details. You should be able to find something to please your palette and well within your budget.

The larger and more well stocked humidors the better to choose from. Initially, I would recommend against the little humidors at restaurants or retail stores because there will probably be less varied selections and cost. I would avoid one of those mall style cigarette stores altogether unless they have a large walk in humidor. Best to visit a full service and committed cigar and pipe tobacconist if one is open in your area.

Best of luck to you.
    cool ty for the info i love to learn and try new foods new things etc etc
    LED's have gotten too bright in our stuff. Many nights I'm awakened by my modem lights blinking.had help with my sig thank you for your help.

Flashaholic*

Back on topic! My budget homage to Stu. It's a balmy almost 90F today. Premixed in the fridge/Tanqueray/Dolin vermouth. The drink looks small, but the glass is 8oz.

Cool Re: Martini Time...

To track-back along with my brother Louie, Let's get back-On-Track:

Sometimes the only meal of the day must be combined with a relaxing beverage...

In this time of "Lock-Down-Loonies," my monkey-man rental-servant "Reddy-Neddy" has risen to the challenge to serve up some of the very best.

In this case, a spread of Ahi Poke, Ahi Poppers, spicy crisps, and a superb Martini made with a lime rim-rubbed, ice frosted crystal glass, with just a minuscule dash of dry vermouth, dollop of olive juice, and of course... copious portion of Grey Goose vodka.

ALL "rental" ingredients, get it? Cause you consume the listed gear then pass it along cause ya cant keep it...

Still awaiting some interesting explanations via PM...
    Stuart

Neglected to give credit to the PURCHASED Ti Connector Zirconium chop sticks / Starlinegear leather case that made ingestion of the plate contents just a bit more effective.

And yes, still awaiting an appropriate explanation via PM...
    Stuart

Question Re: Martini Time...

There are a few other oh-so-slightly camouflaged themes or creative "Easter Eggs" as it were in the last set of images. So whomever describes or finds the most interesting theme just may, as my great Uncle Schlemiel liked to say...

Stuart

Neglected to give credit to the PURCHASED Ti Connector Zirconium chop sticks / Starlinegear leather case that made ingestion of the plate contents just a bit more effective.

And yes, still awaiting an appropriate explanation via PM...
    your like a chef!

your like a chef!
    Not at all Raggie, WAY above my humble pay-grade. Just appreciate "The Pretty" and "Tasty."
    Stuart

Every great martini should include additional great decompression accouterments, a great read, and an occasional blossom...

Stuart

A little reminder, there are a few other oh-so-slightly camouflaged themes or creative "Easter Eggs" as it were in some of the last set of images. I offered that whomever describes or finds the most interesting theme just may, as my great Uncle Schlemiel liked to say...

In one of the last few instances, anyone interested in a prize "cookie" missed out on the abstract aspects of...

...in that it has the "tilt" or look of a Kabuto. So yeah, if you had mentioned same, you just may have earned a prize or as Uncle Schlemiel says, cookie...
    Stuart

Stuart

Flashaholic*

Wow, 6 olives.

Knife Chris Reeves?

Bill

Quote Originally Posted by louie View Post
    Wow, 6 olives.

Wow, talk about dirty. Lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Bullzeyebill View Post
    Knife Chris Reeves?

Bill

Zubeng Forge frame lock by Rich Chen. In person at Antique Arms Show 2020. VERY smooth...
    Stuart

Back for a little DeComp...

Stuart

Those are wrong Martinis. This is what real Martini is:

Flashaholic*

Haha I like that post vadimax
    Big butnotsomuch-burly

Quote Originally Posted by vadimax View Post
    Those are wrong Martinis. This is what real Martini is:

OUTSTANDING!!!
    Stuart

The Zubeng Forge flipper accompanied with an early afternoon in person ballot cast celebratory cocktail...

Stuart

Sometimes I wonder if I've purchased my last flashlight.

OK now although I am a TRADITIONALIST, I am NOT a STRICT traditionalist.

Got to contemplating an alternate martini. Noticed a few bottles of "Pama" pomegranate liquor with a few other liquors and, yeah, I like pomegranates so why not concoct something interesting she says... So I combine a few things and after a little experimentation, come close to something that already exists! So I cannot and shall not take credit but as my old friend Frank used to say, this little martini is a HIT!

Stuart

Flashaholic*

It looks tasty, although I'm not sure when a martini ceases to be a martini. However, it made me want one of my standard premixed gin martinis tonight. I only have small olives on hand, so I took 3.

Quote Originally Posted by louie View Post
    It looks tasty, although I'm not sure when a martini ceases to be a martini. However, it made me want one of my standard premixed gin martinis tonight. I only have small olives on hand, so I took 3.
    I neglected to add the Titos Vodka and yes,!, not sure if this SHOULD be considered martini material but a few of the establishments visited have a number of "... Martini" on menu, hence my curious departure.

Any imges of your premix setup?
    Stuart

Flashaholic*

You need a photo of a Snapple bottle, with a recipe label stuck on it?!
    14 oz gin, 2 oz white vermouth, a teaspoon of Scotch. Kept in a cold part of the fridge next to the jar of olives. Sadly, Trader Joes no longer has the plain Queen olives.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123