Acebeam        
Results 1 to 21 of 21

Thread: Martini Time...

  1. #1

    Default Martini Time...

    Yeah... Martini Time. Or as a few friends have referenced, "Salad"...

    Stuart

  2. #2

    Cool Martini Time End-Game Nirvana...

    Martini Time End-Game Nirvana...

    Stuart

  3. #3
    Moderator
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    CA
    Posts
    11,975

    Default Re: Martini Time End-Game Nirvana...

    What gin would you be using Stuart?

    Bill

  4. #4

    Default Gin?

    Bill, my personal preference is usually vodka. Titos, Stolichnaya, or whatever does not smell like gasoline. For some reason, my vodka palate is still in basic training.

    However, I DO occasionally request Gin and when I do, it is either Hendricks or Bombay Sapphire.
    Stuart

  5. #5

    Crackup Martini decompression with a little ASH anyone?

    Martini decompression time with Daruma Rm 101. A little ASH anyone?



















    And FIN!!!

    Stuart

  6. #6
    Flashaholic*
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Seattle
    Posts
    899

    Default Re: Martini decompression with a little ASH anyone?

    Yum! I premix a pint of gin martini and keep it in a glass bottle in the fridge, ready to go. Unlike those jokes, I like a decent amount of vermouth and a little olive brine, with queen olives. Any of the name gins will do - they are just a bit different. I'm told James Bond has it wrong, they should be stirred, not shaken. Another trick is to add a few drops of Scotch, equivalent to a jigger per gallon of martini.

  7. #7
    Moderator
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    CA
    Posts
    11,975

    Default Re: Martini decompression with a little ASH anyone?

    Yes, if it is a gin martini then it is Bombay Sapphire in our house.

    Bill

  8. #8

    Default Re: Martini decompression with a little ASH anyone?

    Martini Surfers Secret Agent Man man I love these guys...




    Stuart

  9. #9

    Default Re: Martini decompression with a little ASH anyone?

    Quote Originally Posted by louie View Post
    Yum! I premix a pint of gin martini and keep it in a glass bottle in the fridge, ready to go. Unlike those jokes, I like a decent amount of vermouth and a little olive brine, with queen olives. Any of the name gins will do - they are just a bit different. I'm told James Bond has it wrong, they should be stirred, not shaken. Another trick is to add a few drops of Scotch, equivalent to a jigger per gallon of martini.
    Now THAT is a GREAT idea!!!



    Quote Originally Posted by Bullzeyebill View Post
    Yes, if it is a gin martini then it is Bombay Sapphire in our house.

    Bill

    Bombay Sapphire all the way...
    Stuart

  10. #10
    Flashaholic*
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Seattle
    Posts
    899

    Default Re: Martini decompression with a little ASH anyone?

    Quote Originally Posted by StuGatz View Post
    Now THAT is a GREAT idea!!!

    Bombay Sapphire all the way...
    My current recipe for a pint of mixed martini is 14 oz. gin, 2 oz. white vermouth, a teaspoon or so of Scotch. Kept in a glass jar in the fridge, you don't need to dilute it with ice trying to get it cold, unless you want to. Pour out your serving, add little bit of olive brine, mix it well with the olive(s) on a big toothpick.

    I got the idea from a restaurant; they premixed a gallon of martini like this.

  11. #11

    Default Re: Martini decompression with a little ASH anyone?

    Quote Originally Posted by louie View Post
    My current recipe for a pint of mixed martini is 14 oz. gin, 2 oz. white vermouth, a teaspoon or so of Scotch. Kept in a glass jar in the fridge, you don't need to dilute it with ice trying to get it cold, unless you want to. Pour out your serving, add little bit of olive brine, mix it well with the olive(s) on a big toothpick.

    I got the idea from a restaurant; they premixed a gallon of martini like this.

    With the alcohol content of that premix, would it avoid becoming frozen in a freezer or possibly slush over?
    Stuart

  12. #12
    Flashaholic*
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Seattle
    Posts
    899

    Default Re: Martini decompression with a little ASH anyone?

    Quote Originally Posted by StuGatz View Post
    With the alcohol content of that premix, would it avoid becoming frozen in a freezer or possibly slush over?
    I have no idea, I've never tried that. Someone could probably calculate what the freeze point is, of maybe 47.3% alchohol (Tanqueray) & water.

  13. #13

    Default Re: Martini decompression

    A catchup from the Holiday.


    Stuart

  14. #14

    Default Re: Martini decompression

    Pre SHOT Show.








    Stuart

  15. #15

    Default Re: Martini decompression

    Stuart

  16. #16
    Flashaholic* RedLED's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Palm Springs, CA, Beverly Hills, CA, Washington, DC, New York City Manhattan
    Posts
    3,313

    Default Re: Martini decompression

    Good Lord!
    Check my Web Site: www.Redwayphoto.com

  17. #17

    Default Clip and Puff

    Stuart

  18. #18
    Moderator
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    CA
    Posts
    11,975

    Default Re: Clip and Puff

    Please do not change the thread title.

    Bill

  19. #19

  20. #20

    Default Martini Time...




    Stuart

  21. #21

    Default Re: Martini Time...

    A little Stainless Action with a Pulita Anniverasrio with the new HF cutter and friends...


    Stuart

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •