Imalent DN35 or....

anethema

Newly Enlightened
Hey guys!

I'm trying to find a gift flashlight for a non-flashaholic friend. She is a mom who is home alone in the country a lot of time, so basically she is looking for a light that has a fairly bright max, a decent throw without being too much tunnel vision, and on-body USB recharging without a proprietary cradle etc. She's a pretty small girl and doesn't wanna be lugging around a popcan so I was thinking a single 26650 light. Fairly simple UI preferred.

Some looking around on here and I found the Imalent DN35. Pretty bright. Fairly balanced beam with a bit of focus towards throw. USB charging. Basically ticks all the boxes.

The main complaint I saw is literally everyone absolutely hates the buttons. They are impossible to find in the dark. If part of her worry is being able to quickly smash the thing on to shine outside on someone or something (worries about intruders, or mostly coyotes after her goats) then I am worried she wouldn't be happy with the buttons.

Is there another light of similar size and function in terms of throwyness, brightness, simplicity, built in charging etc but maybe with a better button feel to get her going?

I found some cool ones like the Olight SR Mini II Intimidator but not throwy enough and you have to take the carrier out to charge it which isn't a dealbreaker but not ideal.

Anyways open to suggestions everyone thanks!!