Sigma Customs: Hyperion

Thetasigma

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hello everyone, I'd like to share my latest project, the Sigma Customs Hyperion. This is a custom, manually machined light that can host AA, or 14500 powered light engines in 6Al-4V titanium. It uses the excellent McR-16/S reflectors paired with a 15mm driver, calipsoii's excellent fully programmable AA driver (15VP), or a MTN-15DDm FET driver for 14500 engines with either guppy3drv or Crescendo firmwares. Switching is handled with an Omten 1288 reverse clicky switch, actuated by a metal piston that is sealed with a quad-ring seal and spring powered for a responsive action with no slop. The tailcap is tapped for 4-40x3/16" screws to hold an Oveready titanium clip.
Currently there are two head styles available, a finned version and a smooth version.
Nominal dimensions are 105mm long, 21mm OD head, 18mm OD body

Reservations have been closed.

Completed light
h25nGdl.jpg

Close-up of the metal piston boot in titanium
9915A13.jpg

Bronze boot
SbR0jOR.jpg

2Fphrrt.jpg

All the manually machined custom parts are visible minus the centering ring for the reflector.
KeMitmj.jpg

Spring assembly with cap and cup
6XG7hfc.jpg

Cutaway view including all but a few components.
AC0ATe0.png

Smooth Head
CcoGvcK.png

Finned Head
aZJzs5z.png

In action with guppy3drv firmware,

Last edited:

archimedes

Flashaholic
.... The 15VP from calipsoii is a single channel boost driver for 1.5V cells. https://calipsoii.net/2019/10/15vp-v4-8-1-firmware-flashlight/

Ah, I see .... It looks like those functions may have been removed from current firmware.

My (prototype) @calipsoii Spyglass has a high CRI main emitter, and a deep red secondary ...

https://www.candlepowerforums.com/v...1-5V-Project&p=4563323&viewfull=1#post4563323

His drivers are excellent, and it is great to see these getting wider use.

Thetasigma

Flashlight Enthusiast
Beautiful, I can but dream.
P

Ah, I see .... It looks like those functions may have been removed from current firmware.

My (prototype) @calipsoii Spyglass has a high CRI main emitter, and a deep red secondary ...

https://www.candlepowerforums.com/v...1-5V-Project&p=4563323&viewfull=1#post4563323

His drivers are excellent, and it is great to see these getting wider use.

Ah it has been a long time since I've seen that piece. The latest versions haven't had that feature unfortunately. The driver however has matured nicely and become a reliable, efficient, and feature heavy driver in a single board 15mm form factor. Been carrying the second to latest revision for six months now with nothing but reliable EDC performance.

archimedes

Flashaholic
.... The driver however has matured nicely and become a reliable, efficient, and feature heavy driver in a single board 15mm form factor. Been carrying the second to latest revision for six months now with nothing but reliable EDC performance.

Glad to hear it, thanks !

Thetasigma

Flashlight Enthusiast
Gorgeous work brother!
That's fantastic, well done!
Thanks guys!

I like your solution for the switch spring. Did you have to machine those brass caps yourself?
Yeah, the cup and cap of the spring assembly are custom machined by me, along with the head, body, and tailcap of course, plus the two isolating rings, reflector centering ring, the larger spring cup that powers the boot, and the boot piston. Reminded me, I forgot to add the cutaway drawing earlier. Should be linked in the original post.

Thetasigma

Flashlight Enthusiast
Afternoon guys, I still have some slots on the list if anyone is interested. You may enter your username and options directly or have me do it.

I have also added a photo of a bronze boot in the original post above.

Thetasigma

Flashlight Enthusiast
This is a gorgeous 14500 light. I think I prefer the finned head. Excellent work!

Thanks sir, this run of lights went well. There is a successor design in the works which is a significant mechanical improvement on this design.
Called the "Corvus" and is listed in this same sub-forum.