Recommend me a flashlight that is moddable/is upgradeable

raylit20

Newly Enlightened
Hello all, I am looking for a flashlight that is upgradeable or easily moddable. In other words, if you could do it all again what light would you start with? Ideally powered by 18650's as I have a heap of 20A+ capable batteries.

Thanks!

dotCPF

Flashlight Enthusiast
I would go with a P60 host of some sort. One light could realistically do any number of things, baring super-extremes.

An 18mm-bored Surefire host of some sort if you want to go gucci (I also just adore Surefire hosts), particularly the C2 for EDC.

Malkoff's MD2-series is another great contender, the 22mm head will allow much more flexibility with different dropins, and they are damn solid. Also able to add all sorts of extenders and things to have more options.

Lumens Factory has their Seraph line, which is the cheapest still mass-sold P60 host.

Random Dan

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just about any of the Convoy hosts is going to be easily moddable and should remain so for quite some time. You might have more success getting specific suggestions if you tell us what form factor you're looking for. What size, single or multiple emitter, type of switch, etc.