Swiss Army Knife with LED

jbrett14

Enlightened
I have several little Victorinox knives, one with a red LED & pen. I love this knife, but really hate the red LED. Does anyone know if they make one with a white LED? Also, they sacrificed the tweezers to incorporate the LED. Is there one that keeps the tweezers along with the LED? I use the tweezers often and would like to have both plus the pen.

Jonathan

UnknownVT

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
jbrett14 said:
I have several little Victorinox knives, one with a red LED & pen. I love this knife, but really hate the red LED. Does anyone know if they make one with a white LED? Also, they sacrificed the tweezers to incorporate the LED. Is there one that keeps the tweezers along with the LED? I use the tweezers often and would like to have both plus the pen.

[/ QUOTE ]

Victorinox do NOT make one with a white LED in the small Classic size.

One might be able to replace the LED with one of another color - but the single 3V battery might not be enough to drive some colors (like white) - you probably could put a yellow in there.

They DO make one with tweezers but then you can't have the pen -

53020_l.jpg

swisslite™
size:58 mm | 2 1/4 inch
Small blade
Scissors
Nail file with screwdriver tip
Tweezers
Mini light
Key ring
[model # 53020 = red; #53023 = translucent Ruby; #53026 = translucent Sapphire blue]

However they DO make white LED ones in the regular 91mm sized SAKs -

#53968 : voyager lite ruby
#53451 : spartan lite ruby
#53271 : huntsman lite ruby

53271_l.jpg

huntsman lite ruby #53271
size:91 mm | 3 1/2 inch
Large blade
Small blade
Corkscrew
Can opener
Small Screwdriver (also for Phillips Screws)
Bottle opener
Large screwdriver
Wire stripper
Reamer with sewing eye
Key ring
Tweezers
Toothpick
Scissors
Multi-purpose hook (parcel carrier)
Wood Saw
Pressurized Ball Point Pen
Straight pin
Patented Mini-screwdriver
LED White Light
Phillips Screwdriver

Stanley

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have seen one with the White Led, about a month or two back in the shops. So, yes, there is one with White leds if you look around. Not sure about the tweezers tho'...

jbrett14

Enlightened
Thanks a bunch for your posts. Vincent, as always, thanks for taking your time to include very nice photos. I love photos, especially with such clarity. I still can't figure out why mine don't show up for others to see.

Jonathan

UnknownVT

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
jbrett14 said:
thanks for taking your time to include very nice photos. I love photos, especially with such clarity. I still can't figure out why mine don't show up for others to see.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thank you for the nice comments - but please note none of the photos in this thread are mine - I merely hotlinked them from the suppliers' sites - in this case www.swissarmy.com for the Victorinox knives, and www.WengerNA.com for the Wenger knives.

I think you used Ofoto to host your photo - that site along with ImageStation both have stopped hotlinking - that's why your photo does not show reliably. You might want to look at PhotoBucket which is set up specifically for hotlinking images - I had to edit several of my older reference posts and change my photo hosting, which was a real pain in the @ss.

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
I have a Wenger Swiss army knife with white LED *and* tweezers that I received from a website fan in mid-January 2004. In addition to the white LED and tweezers, it has a small knife blade, a file, and a pair of scissors.

There is no part number on the package, but the bar code sticker on it reads:
0 29621 16140 2

There is no instructional material, but I can see two small coin cells (presumably lithium) through one side of the transparent red knife body.

(Edit, an hour or so later)
This appears to be a Photon Microlight Esquire, that uses two lithium CR1216 coin cells, held in a tray, to power its white LED.

Hope this information is helpful here.

BentHeadTX

Flashlight Enthusiast
I like the Swiss Army knife with the 128MB USB memory key. The concept seems to great to me, I will be blowing flashlight money to get it. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/twakfl.gif

jbrett14

Enlightened
I have not seen this one. That is a great concept. I figure since I already carry my swiss army every day, I would like to get all my features (knife, tweezers, pen, light, scissors) built into the perfect swiss army and eliminate having to carry 2 or more items in my pocket. The addition of USB memory would complete my needs as I exchange computer data daily from my home office to my main office computer.

pedalinbob

Flashlight Enthusiast
wow, those are really cool.

i like the idea of having a light and pen built right in.

Bob