Top secret upcoming lights and light tech

itsdark

Newly Enlightened
What lights are upcoming that people are really looking forward to seeing and has anyone got any cool leaks on the sort of tech that's coming out.

What sort of advancements are you aware of and what sort of outputs could we be looking at?

Here is one link I found earlier after hearing hearing one of the armytek salesmen dropping a hint that there should be rechargeable tactical versions of the tactical lights coming out soon in a YouTube interview. Poked about a bit and came across this from 2 years ago detailing some pretty cool designs. Really hope a new iteration of programmable lights comes out soon, it's definitely over due and these look very cool if the viking and preditor get this upgrade https://www.reddit.com/r/flashlight/comments/6mlupj/armytek_tactical_lights_v4_preview/

light-modder

Enlightened
I'm excited about the Okluma DC0, probably won't get one from this drop but I am looking forward to having one someday.

bykfixer

Flashaholic
If it's top secret, we won't know about it.

Most of the "rumors" I hear about involve specialized lighting either aimed at being unseen by humans (without special gear) or illumination of specifics for scientific purposes.

Also super cap battery tech is being tossed around where capacitor technology can have a near instant recharge like a typical capacitor with a slower, steady discharge……and be affordable.

thermal guy

Flashaholic
" Also super cap battery tech is being tossed around where capacitor technology can have a near instant recharge like a typical capacitor with a slower, steady discharge……and be affordable."

Now that's cool!

itsdark

Newly Enlightened
The Okluma DC0 looks really cool will definitely keep an eye on that one!

Capacitor tech is interesting as well. There was a light out years ago aimed at the police. It was around a 1hr battery life but it only took 20 seconds to charge so was aimed at police traffic cops etc so they always had a charged light. Would go good to see some more lights like that but have a decent runtime and output. Probably the future for cars as well