Floody work light.

Ace12

Enlightened
Ive been out of the loop for a couple years so I dont know all the new lights out there and don't really have time to read for days. I'm looking at getting the Zebralight H600Fd MKIV. Are there any better options out there I should consider? I want to stick with 18650 battery.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

alpg88

Flashlight Enthusiast
zebra is a great light, no arguments there.

i turned cheap d25 light into a great flooder, with 2 small reflectors and out of focus beam that light was gonna go in the trash, but i figured if i have to throw it away i might as well experiment with it, so i removed reflectors, and put clear polycab instead, turned out great. for about 25 bucks

7phzCu3.jpg

Ace12

Enlightened
Ok I'll stick with zebra. Now, what about the best battery. I currently have a few Eagletac 3400mah
that are good quality but I will need to buy a few more with new light.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SubLGT

Flashlight Enthusiast
Before I spend $19 for a 18650 battery, I would need to see a instrumented test of its true performance. Stated battery capacities are routinely inflated. I seriously doubt that the Eagtac battery has a usable capacity of 3600mAh.

Keitho

Enlightened
I never buy a rechargeable cell without first consulting http://lygte-info.dk/info/batteryIndex.html, developed and updated by cpf member hkj at tremendous effort.

For example, that particular "EagleTac" "3600 mAh" cell isn't tested for that list; but, there is an EagleTac "3100mAh" and "3400 mAH" cell on that list. When used in ZL's, I usually compare at the mWh rating at 3A down to 3.4 V (that's a conservative, useful capacity for me, using it outdoors at pretty high brightness on my bike--actual current is usu. below 3A). The "3100" and "3400" EagleTac cells were tested to have 4.1 and 5.0 Wh, respectively; the NCR18650GA (rated as "3500mAh") was tested at 8.0 Wh. FWIW, I exclusively use the NCR18650GA's that ZL sells on their website in my ZL's.

alpg88

Flashlight Enthusiast
Before I spend $19 for a 18650 battery, I would need to see a instrumented test of its true performance. Stated battery capacities are routinely inflated. I seriously doubt that the Eagtac battery has a usable capacity of 3600mAh.

they say it in a description it is a samsung battery, you can get that one for half, or less, with single cell light you do not really need a protection circuit, not to mention my ZLh600 will not take protected panasonic, it is too long

SubLGT

Flashlight Enthusiast
....my ZLh600 will not take protected panasonic, it is too long

ZL says the H600Fd MkIV can accept batteries up to 69mm. The $11 protected Sanyo NCR18650GA from Keeppower is 68.9mm. The $19 protected Eagtac battery is shorter, at 67.8mm

AVService

Flashlight Enthusiast
I like the ZL batteries when they are available but I also use the Samsungs from Illumn that I also run in the FW3A and they are like $6 bucks usually.