Surefire E2E and Outdoorsman

BeardedDude

Newly Enlightened
Dark grey E2E body, typical hex head and click style tail cap. Appears to be incandescent bulb.

Green E2E body, clicky tail cap and a 4-ringed hex head KL1. Appears to be a white LED bulb.

Green Outdoorsman body, longer pocket clip, momentary/constant on twist tail cap, KL1 head. Appears to be a white LED bulb.

LfoFIxJ.jpg

vkGxqp5.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

archimedes

Flashaholic
Hello and welcome to CPF

Your post above has been approved, in lightly edited form

You are welcome to discuss these vintage SureFire in the general forums, but please note that "price fishing" is not allowed here

If you wish to sell them, you will need to get a Supporter Badge, and to set a price (no requests for offers) in the WTS MarketPlace forum instead

Thanks for your understanding

BeardedDude

Newly Enlightened
I do not have any intention of selling here on the CP forum. I don't know what I have nor what it's worth, so I guess by default I am fishing for a price and information.

Thank you for not deleting my thread just because.

BeardedDude

Newly Enlightened
After looking at my pics, can anyone comment on the heads? I'm thinking I unintentionally switched the Outdoorsman head with one of the E2E.

archimedes

Flashaholic
I do not have any intention of selling here on the CP forum. I don't know what I have nor what it's worth, so I guess by default I am fishing for a price and information.

Thank you for not deleting my thread just because.

No worries, and always a pleasure to see cool vintage SureFire :cool:

We can discuss all of the details, save for price / value you should search completed sales instead.

After looking at my pics, can anyone comment on the heads? I'm thinking I unintentionally switched the Outdoorsman head with one of the E2E.

That early vintage KL1 looks to be the "old-school" version ... most collectible part of the whole batch you've pictured above :)

Last edited:

thermal guy

Flashaholic
Yep. That KL1 is very collectible. But the outdoorsman was incandescent only wasn't it? With the very sought after 25 lumen bulb. The only real difference from a standard E2E.

Last edited:

thermal guy

Flashaholic
Really? Learn something new every day. Been looking for some of them E2o bulbs. Good stuff.

scout24

Flashaholic
Yep. That KL1 is very collectible. But the outdoorsman was incandescent only wasn't it? With the very sought after 25 lumen bulb. The only real difference from a standard E2E.

Outdoorsman also had the long clip instead of the shorty from the factory in addition to the MN02 bulb IIRC.

louie

Flashlight Enthusiast
That 4-rib KL1 is the second iteration with scalloped front. The first iteration had 4 ribs, but no scallops in the front bezel. I have one of each. Both used the 1W Lumileds, and today would be considered low output and pretty blue. I changed both of mine to SSCs, which doubles the output, but still considered low and blue today. Collectible, huh?!

Those e2e bodies are also later generation - IIRC the early ones had 3 flat sides (mine are all at home), like that Outdoorsman.

These look to be in nice shape. You can swap any of those heads, bodies and tails as you like.

Modernflame

Flashlight Enthusiast
I dearly miss my incandescent E2e. I quite literally bonded with it when I landed on it after being thrown from a moving car. Good times.

thermal guy

Flashaholic
I think I may very well need looking after🤔 I know I can count on you guys to watch out for me. Many thanks 😊