Malkoff        
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Acebeam W10vn G2 - 640Kcd Throw King R

Default Re: Acebeam W10vn G2 - 640Kcd Throw King R

Quote Originally Posted by Alex1234 View Post
    Here is another comparison to the gen 1

IMG_20191109_154344 by Alex Littig, on Flickr
    Which is G1 and which is G2?
    "There ain't no bones in a hotdog" F. York.

Quote Originally Posted by noboneshotdog View Post
    Which is G1 and which is G2?
    Left g2 right g1
    Flashlights: X65vn,Tn42vn, Boss1vn, X6vn SSCU, X5 kronos, U21vn, m43vn, FD41vn, SDminivn, H20vn, E01vn, Catapult v5, Bkfa09s, XT15, S10R Baton III, 55w hid spotlight 1,100,000cd

Quote Originally Posted by Alex1234 View Post
    Left g2 right g1

I thought hotdog was being rhetorical with that one but maybe not.

I just looked at about 100 images of Bear Delaware. I've never been there but it looks really pretty!

Quote Originally Posted by Patriot View Post
    I thought hotdog was being rhetorical with that one but maybe not.

I just looked at about 100 images of Bear Delaware. I've never been there but it looks really pretty!
    No, I just didn't want to assume. Sometimes I can be a bit slow though. Hahaha.

Pictures can be so deceiving when it comes to tint. G2 looks much more intense than G1. But neither of the tints look to pleasant, at least in the pics. One heck of a light though.

Also, I don't think they will be discontinuing the W10. I don't have any proof, but it doesn't make sense to come out with a G2 and discontinue it so soon after. I think it's just a W30 issue and we will be seeing more LEP lights from Acebeam. This is just speculation though.

Thank for posting all the pics Alex!
    Last edited by noboneshotdog; 11-09-2019 at 09:29 PM.
    "There ain't no bones in a hotdog" F. York.

Pictures can be so deceiving when it comes to tint. G2 looks much more intense than G1. But neither of the tints look to pleasant, at least in the pics. One heck of a light though.

haha.... as you can tell, I was just joking with ya. Yes, the pictures aren't very friendly to these LEPs and I've noticed that the tint changes with the range that the hotspot is viewed at. Up close, my W30 looks 4500K due to some chromatic shift around the outside of the hotspot. Shine it as a distance of 50+ meters and it's obvious that it's a 6000+K beam.

Also, I don't think they will be discontinuing the W10. I don't have any proof, but it doesn't make sense to come out with a G2 and discontinue it so soon after. I think it's just a W30 issue and we will be seeing more LEP lights from Acebeam. This is just speculation though.

Thank for posting all the pics Alex!

Why would they discontinue one and not the other? I thought they used the same technology and materials just differences in sizing.

Quote Originally Posted by busseguy View Post
    Why would they discontinue one and not the other? I thought they used the same technology and materials just differences in sizing.
    My guess is they will likely discontinue W10 soon too. I cant get them anywhere right now.
    I am happy to realize how happy I am. Thus, a chain reaction of happiness.
    SkyLumen54@gmail.com

It's a bit sad to witness such a leap in flashlight performance and then see it phased out by a manufacturer who initially made it very easy to attain. I wonder if Olight or Nitecore will produce their own versions or is this technology now unable to come from China?

Quote Originally Posted by Patriot View Post
    It's a bit sad to witness such a leap in flashlight performance and then see it phased out by a manufacturer who initially made it very easy to attain. I wonder if Olight or Nitecore will produce their own versions or is this technology now unable to come from China?
    Good question...I too question the fate of LEP. However, I think we are since luxury cars are picking up on this tech. I think we wil benefit from this tech even more when it spread on the market.
    SkyLumen54@gmail.com

I got 1 W10vn G2 at 550Kcd. Email me if interested. Thanks
    SkyLumen54@gmail.com

I was playing with my FW3C turning it on and off and all of a sudden my W10vn G2 turned on by itself. Has anyone ever experienced that? Kind of dangerous with the kind of intensity. Can likely set things on fire. I hope the W30 doesn't do that.

Quote Originally Posted by SKV89 View Post
    I was playing with my FW3C turning it on and off and all of a sudden my W10vn G2 turned on by itself. Has anyone ever experienced that? Kind of dangerous with the kind of intensity. Can likely set things on fire. I hope the W30 doesn't do that.

W30 has clicky so it cant do that. But wow never heard of a W10vn just turn on...
    SkyLumen54@gmail.com

But W10 has the same clicky

Quote Originally Posted by SKV89 View Post
    But W10 has the same clicky
    Oh yeah. I remember side switch..My fault.
    Not sure how a clicky can turn on by itself.
    My guess is the clicky was sticking and accidentally activated but just haven't released.
    SkyLumen54@gmail.com

SkyLumen54@gmail.com

Jetbeam is coming out with 2 LEP lights. I'm confident that Acebeam won't leave the LEP market to Jetbeam & Weltool. I guess either the W10 & W30 will be available again or we will see a W10.3 and W30.2.

Olight said they have an LEP light in development for 2020 as well.

Does everyone’s copy have a black dot in the center of the beam? I’ve had mine since these were released and just like a few weeks ago, I noticed the black dot in the center. That black dot is visible from 3 feet and further. The black dot gets bigger the farther I shine. I don’t remember noticing this dot before....or did I just not pay attention? Can someone please confirm. Thanks!
    i love this light. Its been on me 5 days a week for work for the last 7 months.

Yep, it's a doughnut and the characteristic is normal.

I can't fully grasp the concept of exactly what's happening there but the optical path has some things in common with a reflector telescope. The little mirror that reflects the laser into the phosphor is right in the optical pathway of the exit light. The reason that I say I don't fully grasp the light geometry, is that some things reduce the doughnut effect. For example, installing the red filter actually reduces the doughnut by about 50-75% !! I ordered a set of 55mm filter lenses for photography, including a neutral density filter. I'm going to experiment with them and see if I can figure out why it is, that when some things are placed in from of the window, the doughnut is reduced. My suspicion is that by placing certain transparent's at certain focal lengths from the window, aspheric or emitting phosphor itself, it's reducing the amount of light on the doughnut edge, rather than increasing the light in the center of the doughnut. In any case, any type of lens or filter added to the system will ultimately reduce intensity, even if the doughnut is corrected. I don't have much hope for a fix, rather it would just be to learn something.

No donut hole at all on mine. The exact center of the hot spot has the highest lux.
    Flashlights: X65vn,Tn42vn, Boss1vn, X6vn SSCU, X5 kronos, U21vn, m43vn, FD41vn, SDminivn, H20vn, E01vn, Catapult v5, Bkfa09s, XT15, S10R Baton III, 55w hid spotlight 1,100,000cd

It just occurred to me that I'm in a W10 thread and I'm commenting on my W30, which has a slight doughnut. When I asked about it on the W30 thread, Vinh confirmed the donut was normal. It's nice to know that it's possible with the W10 not to have a donut but probably not very fun for those that do.

I guess all these samples vary. My w30vn does not have donut hole beyond 3 feet. Shine anything closer than 3 feet, there is a donut hole.
    My w10vn is the total opposite. I just watched one video on the w10 and their copy shows no donut hole. I wish I had pictures or just memory if mine had it or not. I don’t think mine did which is why I’m concerned about it now.

Aww man. Sad to say that these leps do gets their focus easily ruined. Either that or the laser loses intensity?
    i just found my post on this thread....
    My w10vn g2 arrived today and just after a couple mins of playing, I had to report here. For those of you that can afford this light, do not let this opportunity drift away!! It’s an absolute insane killer! I like this even more than the w30vn. Only cus of the size difference. I got 677 kcd at turn on. Man, this sorta throw from a 1.25 or so diameter is mind blowing. Get this while you still can. I’m tempted to buy another just because of the discontinuation.

I retested my light. Now, I’m only getting 525kcd with the same fully charged battery. I tried three other batteries and all very similar results. I have no clue to why I lost 150kcd. Most likely due to the “now and new” donut affect. Unless I always Thad the donut affect and now the light just got the focus shifted or lost intensity? The lumens is still about 575.

Last edited by b8llzblue; 03-08-2020 at 02:28 AM.

Hmmm, I wonder what pieces are shifting if it's going out of focus? If it's just matter of the aspheric distance from the phosphor, it seems like that would be something that could be shimmed. I wonder if Vinh could take a look at it for you? Maybe email him and get his thoughts.

I’m not sure what’s shifting inside to mess with the focus, but I do remember Vinh mentioning about the focus being shifted easily which was why I was super afraid to drop this light from any distance. It bumped quite a few things while being in my pocket. Oh well, I still love.

I'm sorry to hear about your units reduced performance, I know that would really bother me. I used to carry mine to the gym with me occasionally, but stopped because I occasionally bump a dumbell against my lights when doing certain exercises. I'm on the fence about selling mine right now, not because I don't absolutely love it, but because I feel like the market is pretty dry for them at the moment (saw a listing for over $1,200 for a single, stock W10) and I really need money, and, most importantly, I feel that the technology will make some significant progress in the next couple of years, eclipsing these pretty easily.

Try cleaning the all contacts, including battery terminals, with alcohol and remeasure. Often times, that is the cause for my lights losing output

Thanks for the tip, but the output has remained the same. It’s just the lux that decreased.

Flashaholic

Quote Originally Posted by Pöbel View Post
    Jetbeam is coming out with 2 LEP lights. I'm confident that Acebeam won't leave the LEP market to Jetbeam & Weltool. I guess either the W10 & W30 will be available again or we will see a W10.3 and W30.2.
    Acebeam has been dropping hints that a W40 and W50 are on the way this year. Supposedly they’re aiming for beam throw distances of 3Km and 6Km, respectively.
    --Semper Fi--
    Bill
    Proud owner of SLN #009

If you want a W10vn II email me :-)
    SkyLumen54@gmail.com

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123