BLF LT1

lion504

Flashlight Enthusiast
Anyone else enjoying the new LT1 lantern? Have to say that I'm very impressed with DBSAR's engineering. Smaller than I expected, but this lantern is big on features. Love the Anduril ramping and the amber power indicator. Here she is pictured next to my trusty Fenix CL25R.

uOiGueG.jpg

2aeDtGZ.jpg

Last edited:

BirdofPrey

Enlightened
I'm still waiting to be able to order mine. [emoji53]

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

noboneshotdog

Flashlight Enthusiast
Mine showed up last week. Love it. The way the color temperature changes with brightness is a very nice touch.

Random Dan

Flashlight Enthusiast
Looks intersting but I've never really used lanterns so I haven't payed much attention to it. Once they are readily available I might pick one up just to see what the fuss is about.

badtziscool

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think the hype is mostly because it uses Anduril UI and has quality LEDs. The only time I use lanterns is when camping or need area lighting outdoors. And honestly I will probably still continue to use the traditional Coleman white gas lantern when outdoors. Something about that burning hissing noise that makes the outdoors just that more enjoyable for me. But for indoors or situations where immediate area lighting is needed, this would come in handy.

Looks intersting but I've never really used lanterns so I haven't payed much attention to it. Once they are readily available I might pick one up just to see what the fuss is about.

noboneshotdog

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm not sure if I would describe it as hype. This is a solid lantern. It's great for campers, prepers and power outages. It's equipped with USB C charging and can be used with portable solar panels. Has great led choice with adjustable color temperature and all the Anduril configurability. Can you really go wrong for the $50 GB price? I'm loving having mine.:thumbsup:

justanotherguy

Enlightened
I'm not sure if I would describe it as hype. This is a solid lantern. It's great for campers, prepers and power outages. It's equipped with USB C charging and can be used with portable solar panels. Has great led choice with adjustable color temperature and all the Anduril configurability. Can you really go wrong for the $50 GB price? I'm loving having mine.:thumbsup:

Cant a phone use solar panels too? Doesnt make it special..
The ramping output and VARIABLE TINT make it a cool light

badtziscool

Flashlight Enthusiast

Well, when there's this much initial demand for a lantern even before it's released, I would consider it hype. Now, is this hype with some actual substance behind it? Absolutely!

DenBarrettSAR

Enlightened
:D Good to hear! the features were a key part as most all consumer box-store or online order lanterns lack in combination to what the LT1 has.

Random Dan

Flashlight Enthusiast
:D Good to hear! the features were a key part as most all consumer box-store or online order lanterns lack in combination to what the LT1 has.
Most other lanterns don't look like they were designed for enthusiasts, but I can appreciate the effort you guys put in to all the details.

PartyPete

Enlightened
Very nice set of features. I may just give in and get one eventually, although camping season is several months out for me as I'm not fond of cold weather camping. Heck, even March is questionable. Last year we went March 31st and it rained/snowed with temps around 35F. The year before it was almost 80. [emoji5]

iamlucky13

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm still working on the subliminal suggestions that will make it my wife's idea that we need to replace the big, cheaply made, flickering Coleman fluorescent we currently have.

I definitely want one, but it's not something I can offer solid justifications for on top of all my flashlights.

sbslider

Enlightened
I'm still working on the subliminal suggestions that will make it my wife's idea that we need to replace the big, cheaply made, flickering Coleman fluorescent we currently have.

I definitely want one, but it's not something I can offer solid justifications for on top of all my flashlights.
Here's one. It an area light, not a flashlight. When the power goes out, the LT1 will light up your room for many hours (battery dependent of course). I was pining for this light last winter when we went through a kitchen remodel. Power was out in our kitchen area for days, and eating in the darkish via my Q8 on ceiling bounce just did not cut it. The LT1 with <20% of the lumens really lights up a room nicely. That's with only 5 of the 7 7135 pairs enabled.

RollerBoySE

Enlightened
I received mine a week age (#53 on the list) and it's absolutely fantastic. A new standard in lanterns. There is absolutely nothing else out there that even comes close.

lion504

Flashlight Enthusiast
I received mine a week age (#53 on the list) and it's absolutely fantastic. A new standard in lanterns. There is absolutely nothing else out there that even comes close.

This is my experience. Amazing feature set at an amazing price. In the dark, a flashlight is great while you're moving. As soon as I settle down, which is 80% of the time, I want a lantern. DBSAR killed it.

Last edited:

Lemurian

Newly Enlightened
I ordered two and I am glad I did. Still getting to know the features and looking forward to becoming fluent. I can't stand gloomy, low cri lighting. This lantern is a non-glarey pleasure to behold.