The Fenix-Store        
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: BLF LT1

Default BLF LT1

Anyone else enjoying the new LT1 lantern? Have to say that I'm very impressed with DBSAR's engineering. Smaller than I expected, but this lantern is big on features. Love the Anduril ramping and the amber power indicator. Here she is pictured next to my trusty Fenix CL25R.

Last edited by lion504; 11-02-2019 at 05:42 PM.
    My Lights

Default Re: BLF LT1

I'm still waiting to be able to order mine.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
    Chris - Self proclaimed gadget lover.
    My EDC blog. Flashlights, knives, gadgets, and tool reviews and thoughts.
    http://edcraziness.blogspot.com/

Waiting my turn as well.
    Who needs to see the light at the end of the tunnel when you have friends on CPF?
    My flashlight videos: http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list...9TIYcGeuBXa5m0

Mine showed up last week. Love it. The way the color temperature changes with brightness is a very nice touch.
    "There ain't no bones in a hotdog" F. York.

Looks intersting but I've never really used lanterns so I haven't payed much attention to it. Once they are readily available I might pick one up just to see what the fuss is about.
    Hello darkness my old friend,
    I've come to talk with you again...
    I liked neutral tints before they were cool.

I think the hype is mostly because it uses Anduril UI and has quality LEDs. The only time I use lanterns is when camping or need area lighting outdoors. And honestly I will probably still continue to use the traditional Coleman white gas lantern when outdoors. Something about that burning hissing noise that makes the outdoors just that more enjoyable for me. But for indoors or situations where immediate area lighting is needed, this would come in handy.

Quote Originally Posted by Random Dan View Post
    Looks intersting but I've never really used lanterns so I haven't payed much attention to it. Once they are readily available I might pick one up just to see what the fuss is about.
    Who needs to see the light at the end of the tunnel when you have friends on CPF?

I'm not sure if I would describe it as hype. This is a solid lantern. It's great for campers, prepers and power outages. It's equipped with USB C charging and can be used with portable solar panels. Has great led choice with adjustable color temperature and all the Anduril configurability. Can you really go wrong for the $50 GB price? I'm loving having mine.

Quote Originally Posted by noboneshotdog View Post
    I'm not sure if I would describe it as hype. This is a solid lantern. It's great for campers, prepers and power outages. It's equipped with USB C charging and can be used with portable solar panels. Has great led choice with adjustable color temperature and all the Anduril configurability. Can you really go wrong for the $50 GB price? I'm loving having mine.
    Cant a phone use solar panels too? Doesnt make it special..
    The ramping output and VARIABLE TINT make it a cool light

Quote Originally Posted by justanotherguy View Post
    Cant a phone use solar panels too? Doesnt make it special..
    The ramping output and VARIABLE TINT make it a cool light
    It makes it special to me when I'm camping without a power source.

Quote Originally Posted by noboneshotdog View Post
    Well, when there's this much initial demand for a lantern even before it's released, I would consider it hype. Now, is this hype with some actual substance behind it? Absolutely!

Quote Originally Posted by badtziscool View Post
    Well, when there's this much initial demand for a lantern even before it's released, I would consider it hype. Now, is this hype with some actual substance behind it? Absolutely!
    I agree

Good to hear! the features were a key part as most all consumer box-store or online order lanterns lack in combination to what the LT1 has.
    Trying to achieve 1.21 Gigalumens. - (Also known as DBSAR)

Quote Originally Posted by DenBarrettSAR View Post
    Good to hear! the features were a key part as most all consumer box-store or online order lanterns lack in combination to what the LT1 has.
    Most other lanterns don't look like they were designed for enthusiasts, but I can appreciate the effort you guys put in to all the details.
    Hello darkness my old friend,
    I've come to talk with you again...
    I liked neutral tints before they were cool.

Very nice set of features. I may just give in and get one eventually, although camping season is several months out for me as I'm not fond of cold weather camping. Heck, even March is questionable. Last year we went March 31st and it rained/snowed with temps around 35F. The year before it was almost 80.

I'm still working on the subliminal suggestions that will make it my wife's idea that we need to replace the big, cheaply made, flickering Coleman fluorescent we currently have.

I definitely want one, but it's not something I can offer solid justifications for on top of all my flashlights.

Quote Originally Posted by iamlucky13 View Post
    I'm still working on the subliminal suggestions that will make it my wife's idea that we need to replace the big, cheaply made, flickering Coleman fluorescent we currently have.

I definitely want one, but it's not something I can offer solid justifications for on top of all my flashlights.
    Here's one. It an area light, not a flashlight. When the power goes out, the LT1 will light up your room for many hours (battery dependent of course). I was pining for this light last winter when we went through a kitchen remodel. Power was out in our kitchen area for days, and eating in the darkish via my Q8 on ceiling bounce just did not cut it. The LT1 with <20% of the lumens really lights up a room nicely. That's with only 5 of the 7 7135 pairs enabled.

I received mine a week age (#53 on the list) and itís absolutely fantastic. A new standard in lanterns. There is absolutely nothing else out there that even comes close.

Quote Originally Posted by RollerBoySE View Post
    I received mine a week age (#53 on the list) and itís absolutely fantastic. A new standard in lanterns. There is absolutely nothing else out there that even comes close.
    This is my experience. Amazing feature set at an amazing price. In the dark, a flashlight is great while you're moving. As soon as I settle down, which is 80% of the time, I want a lantern. DBSAR killed it.
    Last edited by lion504; 11-09-2019 at 10:48 AM.
    My Lights

I ordered two and I am glad I did. Still getting to know the features and looking forward to becoming fluent. I can't stand gloomy, low cri lighting. This lantern is a non-glarey pleasure to behold.

I like my Streamlight lanterns.
    Both the AA and the D cell sizes

I wish it were cheaper. Isnít it a q8 with a lantern on top? The q8ís came in at $40 in the group buy. Itís around $60 now and i think different colored battery tubes are available now. I could sneak $35-40 past the wife, but $60...sheíll have my (fill in similarly priced body part here)
    a single sunbeam is enough to drive away many shadows- St. Francis of Assissi

Quote Originally Posted by aginthelaw View Post
    I wish it were cheaper. Isnít it a q8 with a lantern on top? The q8ís came in at $40 in the group buy. Itís around $60 now and i think different colored battery tubes are available now. I could sneak $35-40 past the wife, but $60...sheíll have my (fill in similarly priced body part here)
    no, its not, not even close. the only part it shares close to a Q8 is the battery tube part. The Q8 don't have USB-C charging, or tint ramping, or the modes the LT1 has, or the run times. they are different in every way except for the aforementioned lower battery body. If you can find another dedicated lantern on the market for less than 100 bucks, that has all these features together, full range tint ramping, long run times vs. output, lantern-dedicated modes, versatile user-programmable, high CRI, USB-C port charging, 360 degree smooth light with no artifacts or glare, configurable outputs & run times, configurable charging rates, built from anodized solid aluminum, i can list on.

I got one for myself and my sister. They are amazing. I wouldnt mind a compact, light version that only uses 1-2 18650 but this one is great.

Quote Originally Posted by gunga View Post
    I got one for myself and my sister. They are amazing. I wouldnt mind a compact, light version that only uses 1-2 18650 but this one is great.
    Please correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought you could use anywhere from 1 to 4 cells with the LT1. Yeah, that still doesn't make it compact, but you can use less cells if you are in a pinch.

Quote Originally Posted by badtziscool View Post
    Please correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought you could use anywhere from 1 to 4 cells with the LT1. Yeah, that still doesn't make it compact, but you can use less cells if you are in a pinch.
    Correct. The LT1 can use any 18650 cell from one to four. I tested even a worn-out single 18650 laptop-pull that i tested to only 620 mAh, and it powered the LT1 up. The LT1 Lantern is designed to be operating in the most efficient range of the LEDs it uses, meaning when running in any mode from 75%-down it pulls very low-amps from the cells, as its default factory configuration its set to be in the most efficient range versus lumens to give the best run times possible regardless of what capacity 18650 cells its running on. (Also keep in mind the LT1 can run continuously with NO batteries at all, when it is plugged into any USB power source to its charging port.

Yep. I'm aware it can use 1 cell. I'm saying more compact and lighter is a nice goal.

We have discussed the plans for a LT1-Mini for a future project, (one that uses a single 18650 or 21700, and is much smaller for backpackers & camping with limited gear space.

Are these for sale anywhere?

They are technically on Amazon, but they are fulfilling the Group buy list first as planned. They will be offered on many online stores, some with discount codes. Also the next batch into the production there will be colored versions offered.

Quote Originally Posted by DenBarrettSAR View Post
    no, its not, not even close. the only part it shares close to a Q8 is the battery tube part. The Q8 don't have USB-C charging, or tint ramping, or the modes the LT1 has, or the run times. they are different in every way except for the aforementioned lower battery body. If you can find another dedicated lantern on the market for less than 100 bucks, that has all these features together, full range tint ramping, long run times vs. output, lantern-dedicated modes, versatile user-programmable, high CRI, USB-C port charging, 360 degree smooth light with no artifacts or glare, configurable outputs & run times, configurable charging rates, built from anodized solid aluminum, i can list on.
    Cant remember what I paid for my BLF FW3A but it was within hand grenade range of the LT1 price. Most flashlights 2-3x the price canít compare to these features. Only time will tell if quality is there in manufacturing though. I donít have any experience with Sofirn. I thought the light was a steal at $50. Itís now my favorite light source.

DB - I almost fainted when I saw you clip those white tabs off to center the bale handle. No way Iím doing that to mine!!! Love your videos though.
    My Lights

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast