Repairing a Fenix PD10-TI

mknewman

Newly Enlightened
One of my favorite lights is my Fenix PD10-TI titanium. Unfortunately I dropped it the other day and the glass broke. Case is still in great shape. I contacted Fenix but they don't have just the glass, only aluminum heads, bleh. The glass has a crack all the way across but has not shattered. I'm thinking find a replacement glass and dig the other one out, try to press a new one in. Has anyone done this?

I know Fenix isn't a favorite around here but this one with a CR-123 is a really sweet light. If anyone is up to taking on the repair msg me here please.

Marc

Paul6ppca

Flashlight Enthusiast
You won't be able to press it in. The driver/pill will need to be unscrewed and it will slide out and put in the new one.

I think flashlight lens. Com might have a replacement. Or can a similar diameter cr 123 light work?
I still have my PD 10 Ti and use it often. Great little light. It was my first Ti light. Now I'm up to 2 Ti lights. [emoji16]

The hard part on that light will be the disassembly. You can try putting it in a ziplock bag and try the boil technique.
I have never disassembled mine. But pretty sure it's glued in.

Last edited:

mknewman

Newly Enlightened
Well, till the glass fully breaks or crazes I'm going to leave it alone. I got a PD10 from Fenix without the TI so if I can get both of them apart I could use the glass but it doesn't appear to be a screw in deal and I'm chicken to do a press on the glass without knowing it is actually a slip fit. If they have it soldered or glued I may be out of luck. The boil bag idea is a pretty good one though.

Latest posts