ArmyTek        

Thread: How to open Olight Javelot R20 head?

Default How to open Olight Javelot R20 head?

My friend got pranked by his co-workers. They had poured some liquid inside his Olight Javelot R20 and it somehow got inside the light's head. My friend is now asking me if I know how to open it, but I'm not sure.

Does anyone of you know how to open the head?

The darkness here is different.

Default Re: How to open Olight Javelot R20 head?

...Pranked by pouring water into a flashlight?

...I have questions, and that seems a bit over the top.

start by unscrewing the bezel, you need a special tool for that, those 5 notches on the inside are for that tool, not sure where you get one for your particular light, but you can make one, get metal epoxy putty from any auto part store, activate it with your fingers, and when it get soft as clay push it into the glass and bezzel, so it takes that shape and fills notches, once it starts hardening remove it from your head, and let it harden fully. than use it to unscrew the bezzel. or you can use kitchen shrink wrap, put it over the head, and put putty on top of it, but you will have to make sure putty fills notches
    or you can use wet\dry vac, remove the head, and from driver side suck the water out, and let it dry, thou it will most likely leave some residue on glass and reflector.
    Last edited by alpg88; 11-08-2019 at 10:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by alpg88 View Post
    start by unscrewing the bezel, you need a special tool for that, those 5 notches on the inside are for that tool, not sure where you get one for your particular light, but you can make one, get metal epoxy putty from any auto part store, activate it with your fingers, and when it get soft as clay push it into the glass and bezzel, so it takes that shape and fills notches, once it starts hardening remove it from your head, and let it harden fully. than use it to unscrew the bezzel. or you can use kitchen shrink wrap, put it over the head, and put putty on top of it, but you will have to make sure putty fills notches
    or you can use wet\dry vac, remove the head, and from driver side suck the water out, and let it dry, thou it will most likely leave some residue on glass and reflector.
    Thanks for the tip!

I wonder if I'd be able to 3D print a tool for the notches. I just learned today how make 3D models out of pictures. I might try that and if it fails, I go and see if they have metal epoxy putty in the store.

Also my friend said the liquid smells like cherries and the flashlight still works. My bet is that it is either soap or electric cigarrette liquid. I think water would have broken the light already.

And indeed, that's not a prank but being a d**k.
    The darkness here is different.

Quote Originally Posted by D6859 View Post
    My friend got pranked by his co-workers. They had poured some liquid inside his Olight Javelot R20 ....
    Quote Originally Posted by Prepped View Post
    ....I have questions, and that seems a bit over the top.
    Quote Originally Posted by D6859 View Post
    .... Also my friend said the liquid smells like cherries and the flashlight still works. My bet is that it is either soap or electric cigarrette liquid....
    Ummm ... they broke it, they bought it ?
    ... is the archimedes peak

+1 Arch. They owe that dude a new flashlight. If he can get it cleaned out and have two then thatís a bonus but itís not really a funny prank when you ruin peopleís property.

Quote Originally Posted by archimedes View Post
    Ummm ... they broke it, they bought it ?

The only real way to get people to stop doing things like that, alternatively "prank" back by filling their cars with spray foam.