How to open Olight Javelot R20 head?

D6859

Enlightened
My friend got pranked by his co-workers. They had poured some liquid inside his Olight Javelot R20 and it somehow got inside the light's head. My friend is now asking me if I know how to open it, but I'm not sure.

Does anyone of you know how to open the head?

9Pj9gmO_d.jpg

Prepped

Enlightened
...Pranked by pouring water into a flashlight?

...I have questions, and that seems a bit over the top.

alpg88

Flashlight Enthusiast
start by unscrewing the bezel, you need a special tool for that, those 5 notches on the inside are for that tool, not sure where you get one for your particular light, but you can make one, get metal epoxy putty from any auto part store, activate it with your fingers, and when it get soft as clay push it into the glass and bezzel, so it takes that shape and fills notches, once it starts hardening remove it from your head, and let it harden fully. than use it to unscrew the bezzel. or you can use kitchen shrink wrap, put it over the head, and put putty on top of it, but you will have to make sure putty fills notches
or you can use wet\dry vac, remove the head, and from driver side suck the water out, and let it dry, thou it will most likely leave some residue on glass and reflector.

Last edited:

D6859

Enlightened
start by unscrewing the bezel, you need a special tool for that, those 5 notches on the inside are for that tool, not sure where you get one for your particular light, but you can make one, get metal epoxy putty from any auto part store, activate it with your fingers, and when it get soft as clay push it into the glass and bezzel, so it takes that shape and fills notches, once it starts hardening remove it from your head, and let it harden fully. than use it to unscrew the bezzel. or you can use kitchen shrink wrap, put it over the head, and put putty on top of it, but you will have to make sure putty fills notches
or you can use wet\dry vac, remove the head, and from driver side suck the water out, and let it dry, thou it will most likely leave some residue on glass and reflector.

Thanks for the tip!

I wonder if I'd be able to 3D print a tool for the notches. I just learned today how make 3D models out of pictures. I might try that and if it fails, I go and see if they have metal epoxy putty in the store.

Also my friend said the liquid smells like cherries and the flashlight still works. My bet is that it is either soap or electric cigarrette liquid. I think water would have broken the light already.

And indeed, that's not a prank but being a d**k.

archimedes

Flashaholic
My friend got pranked by his co-workers. They had poured some liquid inside his Olight Javelot R20 ....

....I have questions, and that seems a bit over the top.

.... Also my friend said the liquid smells like cherries and the flashlight still works. My bet is that it is either soap or electric cigarrette liquid....

Ummm ... they broke it, they bought it ? :thinking:

nbp

Flashaholic
+1 Arch. They owe that dude a new flashlight. If he can get it cleaned out and have two then that's a bonus but it's not really a funny prank when you ruin people's property.